• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Please Friend Our Facebook Page

Mitchell,

I'll friend you on FB, but wouldn't it be better to have customers in your market doing this? What is your strategy to get your customers on your fan page? I could give you some suggestions if you would like.

Should I copy and paste this to all the other automotive blogs or did you just do this here?

I appreciate anything you can do. I've been active on Facebook, it goes in every email we send out (along with Twitter), and I just can't seem to increase our fans so I figured I'd reach out, get some fans, and then maybe people would be more inclined to friend us. Just a thought!

Hi Mitchell,

We at the agency are always looking for more ways to interact and engage our fans on Facebook. Personally i like to recommend offering exclusive content for people who "Become Our Fan" on Facebook. Maybe something you'd like to try on your next newsletter?

Every time one of your salespeople meets with a customer they should "friend them." You can make your salespeople admins on the fan page and then they can invite their friends to become fans from the fan page. I am going to to do a whole article on this for DR in the next few weeks.

I read a great article that I thought would be relevant to this thread. It's not a stab @Mitchell Brenner, but does give some good insight into the "why bother with fake fans". I get the whole wanting to drive your number towards a "tipping point" but it's not likely to help.

Viral Growth Trumps Faux Followers

Seth's Blog: Viral growth trumps lots of faux followers

It's a great idea but I don't believe in giving access to too many people. We need to protect our image and there are salespeople who aren't the brightest.:lmao:

Every time one of your salespeople meets with a customer they should "friend them." You can make your salespeople admins on the fan page and then they can invite their friends to become fans from the fan page. I am going to to do a whole article on this for DR in the next few weeks.

I appreciate the thoughts. I subscribe to Seth's blog so have read the article but I'm not really looking for fake fans. My idea is to have a mix of Automotive professionals and people and customers who are interested in Acura. I would never just buy lists of followers but I don't see how the professionals on DealerRefresh are "Faux"!:hello:

I read a great article that I thought would be relevant to this thread. It's not a stab @Mitchell Brenner, but does give some good insight into the "why bother with fake fans". I get the whole wanting to drive your number towards a "tipping point" but it's not likely to help.

Viral Growth Trumps Faux Followers

Seth's Blog: Viral growth trumps lots of faux followers

Eh...it's nice to see rising fan numbers regardless of how they come, but I think it's reasonable to say that fans that come from here will most likely yield a return of nothing beyond higher fan numbers.

That said, there's nothing wrong with going that route, from what I can see.