• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

PPC Numbers? How do we compare? CPC and CPL

I feel that the campaigns we have running are doing pretty well and (of course) could use improvement. :

Inevitably there comes a point in any PPC campaign where you've essentially plateau' d in regards to your top-level averages. I believe you can get a good indication of your average CPC and CPL within the first 45-60 days. And unless you are consistently making major strategy shifts (which I'm not sure any retail auto dealer has good reason to), your numbers shouldn't see dramatic fluctuation.

It's a great thing to know your average CPL and rely on it. Then the formula is simple: more $ = more leads.

Great thread...do most of you who are doing PPC use your website provider to manage your campaigns?

AJ,

The PERFECT PPC vendor is your web vendor.

As far as I know, Dealer.com is they only vendor that can manage this marriage between a website and a PPC campaign. A PPC ad "should' point to the right page or your wasting cash (on many levels).

For example, if you have a used 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, your web vendor PPC system knows that, creates a PPC ad for it and points the ad right to that unit...all automatically... AND... pulls it when it's sold. If your web vendor system is VERY intelligent, and you have several used Chevrolet Avalanches, the ad is again auto-generated, but the PPC ad points to the Chevrolet Avalanche listing page (rather than the single unit).

I've never seen the Dealer.com platform, but 'dem boys is smart, so I'd bet that logic (and a lot more) is built into its system.

Sorry Alex, I forgot he was a Dealer.com customer. Umer built mine because I don't have a Dealer.com site.

PLEASE!!! Nobody take anything that is posted here, by me, as saying "because he's on Dealer.com I'm going to be a pitbull." Or that we should all put the rosy glasses on because we're talking about Dealer.com either. That was not my intention, and now that I'm rereading things I can see how I may have come off sounding that way.

PLEASE!!! Nobody take anything that is posted here, by me, as saying "because he's on Dealer.com I'm going to be a pitbull." Or that we should all put the rosy glasses on because we're talking about Dealer.com either. That was not my intention, and now that I'm rereading things I can see how I may have come off sounding that way.

Dood,

You know you shouldn't post before your 2nd cup of coffee!! ;-)