• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes - In or Out?

I'm in the generation these are supposed to be targeting, and I've scanned maybe 10 of them in my entire life (Since the Original Droid by Motorola, my first smartphone), most of them on window stickers here at my own dealership. We younger folk have no problem just googling what we need to know, we don't need a gimmicky barcode. If it's a free/low cost/little hassle option go for it, otherwise...

QR codes are basically dead. Assuming the shopper has downloaded the necessary app, by the time they line up the photo and fight with shadows and sun, you have basically lost them.

Texting keywords are replacing QR codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate when these old threads get dredged up again by someone with 1 post (the post they used to drag it up) and it's basically a +1.

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f63/mistakes-not-make-here-dealerrefresh-2491.html

I agree but... it is a good way for someone to break the ice and if there is one thing we need in DR is more dealers participating and less wieners like me writing all the time.

So Thomas,

Welcome to DR, thank you for participating. I hope you will continue to provide your opinion in the forum for years to come.

Reactions: 1 person
Fair enough - I can agree with that.
I just wish they would start with an introduction instead of 2 sentences and a disappearing act :)

This site definitely needs more members though - I notice it can go days at a time without new discussions.