• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes - In or Out?

IMG_5352.jpg
This guy was with Ciao Italian Kitchen, who donated lunch to the Tornado Relief Drive we helped out with. After asking him to stand still, I scanned the QR code, which took me to their mobile site where you could make a reservation, get directions, place a to go order, look at the menu, or download the app for later use. Pretty handy!

I asked him how often people actually scanned his shirt, and he said the response was best inside the restaurant.

Anyone hungry?

How Mercedes is using QR codes to help accident victims

Mercedes-Benz is working on a system that may help emergency workers quickly and safely rescue trapped occupants in wrecked vehicles. The system pairs rescue sheets that show firefighters, police and paramedics information on exactly how and where to use rescue sheers to extract trapped passengers, the location of major hydraulic lines, air bags and electrical cables as well as other important vehicle data with QR codes. Using two stickers with the codes prominently displayed, rescue workers can scan the code and instantly pull up the necessary information quickly with an internet connection. The plan could reduce rescue times and help save lives.

Read the rest of the article and press release here..

seeing as most phones don't even come default with a QR reader i think this is a waste. One of the dealerships I worked for tried it with a landing page specifically to that used vehicle we had a total of 4 views across 500 cars with 0 conversions over a one year time. It's nice to have but just doesnt convert.

With iOS 7, Apple Shows It Will Tolerate QR Codes

The QR code reader in iOS 7 is built into Passbook: there’s now a new Scan Code feature built into the Passbook card that’s used to explain the overall service. Accessible with a single tap from the launch screen of Passbook, it loads right into a QR code scanner that takes advantage of the iPhone’s rear camera to spot the cubic barcodes in print, on the web or wherever they may be, and recognizes them immediately. But it’s what happens next that tells you Apple isn’t a thorough QR code convert.