• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ranking the third Party lead aggregators

Hello CAORYAN- When you say the CarsDirect lead quality diminished what do you mean? In my world poor lead quality means (1) Bad contact info, (2) Unqualified credit, (3) Applicant has been contacted by 3 or 4 other offers because the lead was resold so many times or (4) Out of service area.

Does anyone have a suggestion for Used car leads? AutoUSA seems to specialize in New car leads from my understanding? And are there any non-pay-per-lead Used Car lead providers other than CarsDirect? (Nothing against CarsDirect - haven't used them yet)

Since most used car leads are going to be driven by your inventory, price, color, condition, description, etc....I think you will be hard pressed finding a pay per lead pre owned lead. That being said....the strength of cars.com and autotrader.com are by far going to give the majority of dealers the best options. Carsdirect.com is inexpensive for pre-owned but some dealers have a great amount of success with them. I would say that 50% of the dealers I signed up with carsdirect.com used program loved it. It's just a matter of trying things and seeing if you like it. I have found that perception plays a big part in the success of leads. If a dealer gets 2 or 3 deals in the first week or two than they love you but if not they don't. Give it a true 60 to 90 day trial and see how it works for you.

i would check out Driving Sales to see how dealers rate diff 3rd party vendors.
3rd Party Leads - Ratings | DrivingSales

We really don't get into "vendor ratings" here on dealerrefresh. Not saying it doesn't have it's place but we would just rather have open discussions on different vendors and their services. It seems to be working out quite well. :)