• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Rate My Cold Email

autovantaofficial

Skate Alert
Apr 17, 2024
Awards
First Name
AutoVanta
Hey All,

I've begun cold emailing a couple dealer GMs to test waters a bit. Could anyone provide feedback on this cold email?

Running Concerns:
-Length
-Are dealers going to click those links....

For the YT link at the bottom, I have no idea why it's so small on this website. The emails have it regular size.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

------------------------

Subject: I’m 17, Can I Help Out?

Body:

Hi Mr. (NAME)!

Hope you’re doing well. Don’t want to waste your time, so I’ll keep this short and sweet.

I was scrolling Instagram and saw some videos posted by your (DEALERSHIP/COMPANY) about your (CARS/SERVICE) that you’re selling.

Clearly your (DEALERSHIP/COMPANY) is trying to grow on Social Media…but your videos should be getting much more likes and views, especially with (NUMBER) followers.

I’m 17 years old, and I understand SM better than most people. I know what works on the popular SM apps and what doesn’t, how to get more views on SM posts, and how to make people know who you are.

Because of this, I can help strengthen your presence on SM and grow your following/views. (I’m also certified in Marketing, and I’ve been a car enthusiast my entire life.)

There’s a YouTube link down below, if you want to check out a playlist of some of my work.

If this is something you’re interested in, let me know. I’d love to hear back and work with you.

Have an Amazing Rest of Your Day,
(MY NAME)

YouTube Link:
View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbjpn5YQ3XE6grds0LrNoAWnvBgHlS2Gu

I like your subject line. I'd open it. And my attitude toward helping "kids" get a start (especially ones showing ambition) is probably shared by a number of other business owners out there. This is a good first email.

Start building another 6 emails. It takes 3 impressions to get a click and 7 to get a conversion.

Reactions: Ryan Everson
Thank you!

Here's a shorter one I made. Which one would be better?

-------
Subject: I’m 17, Can I Help Out? (Same as Above)

Hi!

Hope you’re doing well. Don’t want to waste your time, I’ll keep this short.

Was scrolling IG, saw your page and how it lacked interactions, even with 1K followers.

I’m 17 years old and was wondering if I could make you quality content for your page.

I understand SM & the algorithm better than most, due to my age.

Here’s a YouTube Playlist of some of my editors’ work. It's built to showcase editing abilities.
(link)

Shoot back an email if you’re interested!

Have a Great Day,
My Name

Your first one is better. Targeting the older guys is fine with more words. We grew up reading stuff ;)

And we old farts like "Instagram" over "IG." Don't abbreviate because we can't keep up with all that junk.
lol :lol:

So I'd assume the first one for older guys, the second one for younger guys and/or unknown age? That sound right? Or just stick to the first.

Hey All,

I've begun cold emailing a couple dealer GMs to test waters a bit. Could anyone provide feedback on this cold email?

Running Concerns:
-Length
-Are dealers going to click those links....

For the YT link at the bottom, I have no idea why it's so small on this website. The emails have it regular size.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

------------------------

Subject: I’m 17, Can I Help Out?

Body:

Hi Mr. (NAME)!

Hope you’re doing well. Don’t want to waste your time, so I’ll keep this short and sweet.

I was scrolling Instagram and saw some videos posted by your (DEALERSHIP/COMPANY) about your (CARS/SERVICE) that you’re selling.

Clearly your (DEALERSHIP/COMPANY) is trying to grow on Social Media…but your videos should be getting much more likes and views, especially with (NUMBER) followers.

I’m 17 years old, and I understand SM better than most people. I know what works on the popular SM apps and what doesn’t, how to get more views on SM posts, and how to make people know who you are.

Because of this, I can help strengthen your presence on SM and grow your following/views. (I’m also certified in Marketing, and I’ve been a car enthusiast my entire life.)

There’s a YouTube link down below, if you want to check out a playlist of some of my work.

If this is something you’re interested in, let me know. I’d love to hear back and work with you.

(MY NAME)

YouTube Link:
View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbjpn5YQ3XE6grds0LrNoAWnvBgHlS2Gu

This is pretty good; I love how you use simple terms. I would only make small changes:

Subject: I’m 17, Can I help out with your social media

Body:

Hi Mr. (NAME)!

I was scrolling on (DEALERSHIP/COMPANY) Instagram and saw some videos posted about your (CARS/SERVICE) that you’re selling.

Clearly, your dealership is trying to grow on Social Media…but your videos should be getting much more likes and views, especially with (NUMBER) followers.

I’m 17 years old, and I understand Social Media better than most people. I know what works on popular Social Media apps and what doesn’t, and I know how to get more views, followers, and visibility for your dealership in the crowded digital space.

Because of this, I can help strengthen your presence in [City/State] and grow your following. This means increasing the number of people who recognize and consider your dealership when purchasing a vehicle.

I'm obsessed with social media and recently got certified. Moreover, I’ve been a car enthusiast my entire life. I can promise you that social media is a powerful tool to showcase your dealership’s unique offerings and promotions.

There’s a YouTube link below if you want to check out a playlist of some of my work.

If you’re interested, let me know. I’d love to work with you.

(MY NAME)

I like it. I believe it was Ryan who eluded to it as well but your age/lack of experience can be your greatest strength here. I am sure you will come across a handful of dealer principals or GMs who will see your hunger and in turn see their younger selves in you. Best of luck and keep us all updated!

Reactions: Ryan Everson