• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RedBumper Inventory Management - Time for Innovation!!

Re: It’s Time for Innovation!!

Eley, thank you for your commits. Regarding the the fast pace presentation, the reason is when we have multiple dealers on at once we know that a lot are pressed for time so we try to hit the nuts and bolts and that is why we do an immediate follow up to to answer more questions and to find out which dealers would like a more detailed one on one. If you would like a more detailed view we would be happy to set that up and walk through the live demo in more detail and answer additional questions.

Eley, thank you for your commits. Regarding the the fast pace presentation, the reason is when we have multiple dealers on at once we know that a lot are pressed for time so we try to hit the nuts and bolts and that is why we do an immediate follow up to to answer more questions and to find out which dealers would like a more detailed one on one. If you would like a more detailed view we would be happy to set that up and walk through the live demo in more detail and answer additional questions.

If you have ever managed a sales team on a dealership sales floor; would you want a sales person giving a hurried up walk around to 20 people at once, then call them later once they left the dealership to answer any questions?

I can only speak for myself; I don't care for vendor presentations with a bunch of people on at once, it has the feel of a large conference floor sales pitch because of exactly what you just said above. Maybe a slowed down one on one approach would benefit you, vs calling the dealer 1 hour later wanting to ask questions when they possibably have moved on to the many other task of the day. You all talked a lot about all the big dealer groups you have signed up, did you present to them one on one, or give them the same fast presentation?

I am shopping DMS and CRM systems right now. Each of those has taken the time to present one on one through webinars, so has every vendor in the last 12 months that I can think of. They are all just important, the one that is $299/mo to the one that is $5000/mo! And its important to me to know that my hour was worthwhile, vs just muted, and someone running through a presentation.

This goes for any vendor, if your going to take an hour of anyones time, respect it and make it one on one so then you have the opportunity to even go beyond the hour with your presentation and Q&A. You'll get a much better reaction and feel for the person buying vs the 20 that just hang-up left with questions and wondering!

thats just my $0.02.

Reactions: 3 people

I agree Eley, One on One is better, but one of the problems is time. We ask the dealers what would be a good time for them and we let them know the set schedule but also give them and option for a one on one upfront and we let the dealers decide what works best for them outside the set schedule. We always try to get the dealer to participate in the Q&A during and after. Some will some won't so that is why we always follow up afterwards for a more personal time. As far as the big dealer groups they were all in a group session then followed with a personal call one on one.

I tried Red Bumper only to find out they were not in a condition to launch the product. Many software errors, glitches, things did not work as presented. Only after their main support contact person quit in the middle of our launch did they tell me they were still in Beta testing. BEWARE! They promised me a refund and we still have not seen any money and that was at the end of last year. That be very careful and ask as many questions as you can before trying them out.

I tried Red Bumper only to find out they were not in a condition to launch the product. Many software errors, glitches, things did not work as presented. Only after their main support contact person quit in the middle of our launch did they tell me they were still in Beta testing. BEWARE! They promised me a refund and we still have not seen any money and that was at the end of last year. That be very careful and ask as many questions as you can before trying them out.

Very interesting... Looking forward to Red Bumper's response after being so vocal on the Forums here...

I assume that Red Bumper is just a rep but you can't sell Bruce Thompson short. AAX was the best inventory management system in it's day. It is amazing that DealerTrack bought AAX without a non-compete clause. If he still has the same people, he could produce a product that would compete well against vAuto.

Were any of you participating with LaneLogic five years ago? When they shut the doors, there were many dealers that never got money that was owed to them, they were left with titles and no cars, or cars with no titles (and we are speaking from experience here).

If you weren't familiar with it, here are the basics:
Lanelogic formed a network of dealers that bought and sold each other's used vehicles. If a dealer failed to sell a used vehicle bought through lanelogic within 45 days, lanelogic promised to buy it back. Then they would move that vehicle to another dealer.

An important part in any relationship, especially a vendor, is trust. For us, this was broken and cost us pretty big.

Did anyone else use LaneLogic and get burned?