• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RedBumper Inventory Management - Time for Innovation!!

Josh, Wow, I forgot all about LaneLogic. I never used them but I do remember when they closed leaving a bunch of dealerships up the creek.
Back in my Used Car Manager days, I never was a fan of trading traps and this is what this program always seemed like. I was always able to find and trade for nice cars. I was told that I wasn't a team player. I never saw a competitor, in the same group, as part of my team. If something got old, I sent it to the auction.

I've talked to a couple of Dealers who had good experiences and a few Dealers who's experiences have not been so good with Red Bumper. I am still researching and connecting with people in the industry to hear more. Red Bumper definitely has some things that are attractive but whether they are ready for "prime time"...the jury is still out.

When it comes to companies, I often judge a book by its cover and RedBumper not only sounds generic, but it actually conjures negative connotations within my subconscious.

Red = Urgent/Negative, Red Bumper = A constant mental picture of smashed up front-ends every time I see it, LOL.

If you can't put enough creativity and effort into the official name of your company, I'm assuming you'll be as uninspired when it comes to fostering all this "innovation" mysteriously hinted at in Post 1.

So after deleting a number of in bound calls from Red Bumper over the last month, I called to see what they wanted...as they were not going to ever stop calling nor get through for more than a 30 second conversation.

I know I may be a vendor's worst nightmare on the phone, but I'm OK with that. I want to know WHAT you think your product will do for me that my current provider does not, if you understand HOW your company "integrates" with my DMS and what you're going to charge.

Don't tell me about the great value it brings, the big stores you have...we're tiny and I will judge the value.

SO...for the price of basic V-Auto they will give a "provisions like" tool and host but not do some basic things we have with FirstLook for 25% of the quoted RB cost. The tools they DO have we don't use now and won't be using in the foreseeable future; and what we DO want they can't really offer.

The sales guy was new and I got pushed off to the a manager, he still didn't know offhand a number of answers. I'm not the top dog here by any means, but I'm a busy person and if you're selling something I just want to know some key things to see if it's worth more time.

So here, under the rock, RedBumper is a NO.

P.S. for any vendor reading this - you do not and will not "Pull Directly" nor "push to" AutoSoft-ASI

I understand that they cut a deal ADP and will be sold through them, also. Their appraisal tool rides on top of Liquid Motors inventory management system, which I have used. If you like vAuto or Firstlooks description tools, you won't find it here. They claim that vAuto only addresses what vehicles are bringing, on the internet, without concern for the store's experience. It has some nice features. A vehicle that is brought into service can be scanned and a report will be sent to the Used Car Manager if the owner is in an equity position. Because it is smart phone centric, you can scan the VIN, take pictures, appraise it and put it online from your phone.

Then there is Dale. vAuto completely changed how many of us view the car business. vAuto users are "died in the wool" and getting them to switch, is going to take a serious sales pitch. A couple of hundred dollars isn't any incentive.

I have had problems with vAuto, like any software program, but their support is what I compare everybody else to.

I understand that they cut a deal ADP and will be sold through them, also. Their appraisal tool rides on top of Liquid Motors inventory management system, which I have used. If you like vAuto or Firstlooks description tools, you won't find it here. They claim that vAuto only addresses what vehicles are bringing, on the internet, without concern for the store's experience. It has some nice features. A vehicle that is brought into service can be scanned and a report will be sent to the Used Car Manager if the owner is in an equity position. Because it is smart phone centric, you can scan the VIN, take pictures, appraise it and put it online from your phone.

Then there is Dale. vAuto completely changed how many of us view the car business. vAuto users are "died in the wool" and getting them to switch, is going to take a serious sales pitch. A couple of hundred dollars isn't any incentive.

I have had problems with vAuto, like any software program, but their support is what I compare everybody else to.

Every software program has its good and bad things.

How much effort we put in to understand its capabilities and maximize its potential is the most important of all.

Interesting news. Thanks for sharing Doug.

Interesting how RedBumper went quiet after the post from Ed in regards to posting his experience and being told it was still in "Beta"

Anymore updates from anyone?