• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Renolds Contact Manager

DrewAment

Boss
Apr 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Drew
I have a dealership I am working with. A very good dealer in that almost all computers are set to download and install updates from Microsoft automatically. So, they have almost all updated to IE8 now. Guess what ReyRey CM does not support, and they don't support any other browser.

Guess doing the right thing and keeping your computer up to date is now the wrong thing to do in Reynolds eyes.

FYI...the support rep told me that they current version of IE8 that is out is only a BETA, and that is why they did not support it. LOL

---ReyRey - if you read this, you need to support other browers, or update to support the latest browser you do support and require the dealer to use.

Not sure if it will help, but you can try using IE7 compatibility mode within IE8. You can try using the torn paper icon to the right of the address bar to enable compatibility mode for just a certain website. It's also possible to go in to the "developer tools" menu item and change the browser mode which forces it to IE7 mode for all websites. We use this to test our software in IE7 and IE8 modes both.

If these companies you mentioned were smart, they would add one line of html code to their website which would force IE8 to compatibility mode automatically. That is described in the link below. Maybe you should pass this link on to the support rep.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288325%28VS.85%29.aspx