• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Renolds Contact Manager

I have found that on some computers it will work with ie8 and ADP but as a general rule it does not and you can't get help from ADP...unless someone screws up an installs it, which is rare, we do not install the latest and greatest untill it is compatible.

ADP Websuite works on Windows 7 RC 64 Bit with IE8, but if you put IE8 on any other Windows Operating System it doesn't work. Go figure :rolleyes:

I run a mac and its such a PAIN IN THE ASS to open IE for my CRM... Am I ignorant to say its stupid to only support one browser and you're goddamn lazy if you do. Is it really that much work to support Firefox and Safari. I want to send out a big FIGURE IT OUT to these companies!

Last edited:
I run a mac and its such a PAIN IN THE ASS to open IE for my CRM... Am I ignorant to say its stupid to only support one browser and you're goddamn lazy if you do. Is it really that much work to support Firefox and Safari. I want to send out a big FIGURE IT OUT to these companies!

Supporting all the browser is pretty easy if you follow web standards...

Dealer.com's solution forced me (well they strongly recommended anyway) that I use FireFox. If you don't use Firefox, it will work but the screens don't lay out properly. I only fought this for a few days and ended up relenting and setting my home page inside FireFox to their cc5.dealer.com page. This was about 3 months ago at another dealer so I'm not sure if it works with IE8 or not. GM said thsir stuff didn't work with IE8 either but I didn't have any problems running it.

I have gotten to a point where I can remove all Internet Explorer icons from my PC's and forget it exists. ADP's webSuite runs off of it, but thankfully nothing else I use requires it. On my Mac IE doesn't exist, so woohoo! Give me FireFox. Dealer.com isn't the only vendor we use who prefers that we use FireFox. I can see Google Chrome being added to the approved list one day too.

This is quite a tangent, but it is all Microsoft's fault. They should have gone to IE7 years and year ago instead of letting IE6 crumble into a withering tomb. Then, when they launched 7, they should have made it easier for plug-ins and add-ons. And, they should have launched IE8 sooner. But when IE8 first came out it barely worked - reminded me of that IE7 64-Bit browser they tried years ago. Personally, Microsoft browsers have turned me off. I won't touch one unless I absolutely have to.

I have gotten to a point where I can remove all Internet Explorer icons from my PC's and forget it exists. ADP's webSuite runs off of it, but thankfully nothing else I use requires it. On my Mac IE doesn't exist, so woohoo! Give me FireFox. Dealer.com isn't the only vendor we use who prefers that we use FireFox. I can see Google Chrome being added to the approved list one day too.

This is quite a tangent, but it is all Microsoft's fault. They should have gone to IE7 years and year ago instead of letting IE6 crumble into a withering tomb. Then, when they launched 7, they should have made it easier for plug-ins and add-ons. And, they should have launched IE8 sooner. But when IE8 first came out it barely worked - reminded me of that IE7 64-Bit browser they tried years ago. Personally, Microsoft browsers have turned me off. I won't touch one unless I absolutely have to.

I can't wait for the day that IE6, IE7 and even IE8 are long gone. Microsoft's next browser is likely to use a brand new rendering engine as Microsoft is going to trash their existing one. The problem is it will take forever to get everyone upgraded. I was over at my dad's house this weekend and was appalled to find his computer was still using IE6. :hide:

Reynolds -- you listening??

We are now on IE10! Yes.. I know hard to believe. It has been almost 5 years since your "limited support" when we use IE8 (and your support people still say IE7 is the "preferred browser"). My how times flies by when you are trying to keep people locked into a longterm contract and/or resign with no need/want to innovate and create.

Almost ALL PC's purchased today have IE10, or at least IE9 installed (if you even want to pay extra to get a WIN7 PC). Having/making us go through some convoluted downgrade process in order to support your antiquated CRM is asinine! All while making us lose a more stable browsing platform, security updates, etc.

You guys are horrible, and I thank the days when I walk into a dealership and they ask me... "What CRM options are out there besides Reynolds". I then pop open my Chrome/FireFox/IE10 browser and show them the numerous options available that SUPPORT the dealer's ultimate technology goal... use technology to make us more efficient at selling and servicing cars profitably.