• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds DMS games again. MOPAR letter to dealers

Assuming:

The dealer has an IT person, otherwise needs to pay for the setup.
The dealer has a version of Reynolds that supports it.

A good point for those who do think it is a simple proposition. I was shooting for that to read as sarcastic. My personal opinion is that Reynolds' latest "enhancements" are nothing more than another attempt to bleed every penny they can get away with from the dealer and establish a tool booth to data that belongs to their dealer. BUt i've never really been shy about what I think of Bobo's practices.

Here's to them selling. Can it get worse...

A good point for those who do think it is a simple proposition. I was shooting for that to read as sarcastic. My personal opinion is that Reynolds' latest "enhancements" are nothing more than another attempt to bleed every penny they can get away with from the dealer and establish a tool booth to data that belongs to their dealer. BUt i've never really been shy about what I think of Bobo's practices.

Got it, sorry I didn't see the sarcasm but then we agree on it 100%.

Uh oh...So any machine running Logmein etc won't run ERAccess now?

Not exactly, the machine will run ERAccess.

There just seem to be certain instances when you cannot enter data remotely via a logmein type product.

My understanding is things work fine if you are actually seated at the pc, but issues arise via remote. Probably some kind of simulated key detection.

This is no joke, they will bleed every cent they can. RCI (Reynolds Certified Integration) for most CRM vendors (as example) is more than $400/mo per dealership and is supposed to go up to $700/mo in the next 6 months. (these are fees that the vendor has to pay Reynolds to have a "Certified" integration). If this happens, these RCI fees will literally put many smaller (valuable and innovative) vendors out of business. This will create a major trickle down affect... The vendor will have to pass their fees to the dealer to compensate and remain profitable... the dealer will be upset with the price increase and many smaller vendors will loose their market share with their Reynolds customers, etc. etc.

If you are a Reynolds dealer, you need to think long and hard about your future with them... Hopefully Reynolds sells, because BoBo don't give a shit!

If you are a Reynolds dealer, you need to think long and hard about your future with them... Hopefully Reynolds sells, because BoBo don't give a shit!

That's a strong statement.

I have a theory that is completely based on just thinking things through. This theory is based on no fact whatsoever. I've also been nursing this theory since we looked at switching from ADP to ReyRey years ago during my Checkered Flag days.

What is the most expensive cost in business? Employees.

What is also very expensive to maintain? Cheap customers.

If you eliminate both of them you win! Pretty simple huh? Easier said than done, but if you get your client base down to a sizable number of high-paying dealers and you don't need as much staff. By eliminating excess effort on lower-paying clients you can decrease head counts and strongly cut costs. You create happier customers, happier staff, and increase profit.....in theory.

Just a high-level hypothesis I've had for a number of years as an outsider looking in. Again, completely pulled out of the wazoo, but ReyRey did inspire my thought process to go down this path.

That's a strong statement.

I have a theory that is completely based on just thinking things through. This theory is based on no fact whatsoever. I've also been nursing this theory since we looked at switching from ADP to ReyRey years ago during my Checkered Flag days.

What is the most expensive cost in business? Employees.

What is also very expensive to maintain? Cheap customers.

If you eliminate both of them you win! Pretty simple huh? Easier said than done, but if you get your client base down to a sizable number of high-paying dealers and you don't need as much staff. By eliminating excess effort on lower-paying clients you can decrease head counts and strongly cut costs. You create happier customers, happier staff, and increase profit.....in theory.

Just a high-level hypothesis I've had for a number of years as an outsider looking in. Again, completely pulled out of the wazoo, but ReyRey did inspire my thought process to go down this path.

Alex,

Reyrey is a great system, it also has done great things over the years, but right now at this moment is behaving erratically but what is worst is that for no reason.

Reyrey managed properly with a positive and helpful attitude towards its clients will be again a great company.

I'm not trying to argue anything Yago. I had a thought when we were looking into ReyRey years ago, as I was trying to figure things out, and wanted to share it. Just proposing (under no fact whatsoever) there may be a tactic behind things.