• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds Lockouts - Query Builder

Ah, I gotcha, I mean it does take a little longer this way, but it's not the end of the world. You still get the data you want even though it's not what we're used to.
I can appreciate what you're saying Eric, it shows that you are a laid back nice guy who rolls with the punches. I, on the other hand, am a prick who likes to call out people for being arrogant and greedy. If you see it from my perspective, they are removing what I consider vital functionality from a product I am under contractual commitment to continue to pay for. Its a bit like buying a car and finding out that one of the tires goes flat every night. You take it to the dealer and they tell you that its ok, you just need to re-inflate it every day. I mean it does take a little longer, but it's not the end of the world. You still get to where you need to go even though it's not what you were used to.

Reactions: 2 people
Its a bit like buying a car and finding out that one of the tires goes flat every night. You take it to the dealer and they tell you that its ok, you just need to re-inflate it every day. I mean it does take a little longer, but it's not the end of the world. You still get to where you need to go even though it's not what you were used to.

I think it's more like you bought the car and after a few months, the dealer has the doors welded shut and tells you that you are better off now that the bad guys can't get your things out.

Reactions: 5 people
In all fairness to Dave, this is not a decision that Support would have any influence on. There's no real defence of the decision other than the obvious financial incentive. For him to weigh in on this would not work out well for him in any scenario, whether its the backlash from the users or the backlash from his peers.