• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

share your videos here

Set the hook with sexy pans and jib work, add rolling shots and the VO can walk us thru "the beast's" features. Its only logical for a viewer to follow with "how did he build that?", THEN you bring in the talking heads.

Hey Joe,

Thank you for the comments however I think you missed the point of the videos..

I agree with Joe, I think with videos it's extremely important to engage the viewer immediately with an intro that knocks their socks off and gets them engaged. Install a sense that they'd be seriously missing out if they didn't watch the whole video... especially if it's longer then 45 or 60 seconds.

Deadly camera equipment can help... and eBay makes it pretty cheap. I just bought a 12' jib that came with a 7" LCD monitor and had it shipped up to the great white north here for under $400. I'm going to make a Roush 5XR video with it early next week to blast out to all current stang custy's. I'll post when completed.

Reactions: 1 person
Deadly camera equipment can help... and eBay makes it pretty cheap. I just bought a 12' jib that came with a 7" LCD monitor and had it shipped up to the great white north here for under $400. I'm going to make a Roush 5XR video with it early next week to blast out to all current stang custy's. I'll post when completed.

ooooo.... very jealous Mitch!!

Mitch, Just before I committed to selling cars on the net, I was going to do high end Real Estate video and camera work. I wanted to open a LAP (Low Altitude Photography) biz.

I really want to shoot golf courses with LAP when I retire. Think about some HOT dealer lot shots with LAP.

Reactions: 2 people
This isn't for video, but check out this 10 foot camera rig that is on my car. Makes some real good photos.

IMAG0141-1.jpg

IMAG0144-1.jpg

That would be sick for video if you could trust it wouldn't fly off... What makes the boom any different from simply freehanding or using a tripod?

If you take photos with a remote while it's driving you could totally use it for video with a dslr... again if it wouldn't fly off..

That would be sick for video if you could trust it wouldn't fly off... What makes the boom any different from simply freehanding or using a tripod?

If you take photos with a remote while it's driving you could totally use it for video with a dslr... again if it wouldn't fly off..

Well to get the full effect of this rig you take a picture with a remote, leaving the shutter open for 2 seconds, and roll the car. Then in Photoshop you remove the pole. Makes the car be in focus while the wheels and the background seem like it is going fast.