• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Survey at Delivery: A Road Map to Your Store

Every store is different, yet the same. In this example:

Take aways:
1.Loyalty has ROI.
----Your reputation efforts are working well (1/2 are referrals)
2.The Internet Is very important
---The internet is most important place to find a new car ideas (73%).
---80% of your buyers use the internet more than 30mins daily.
3.Shopping goes on for weeks & months!
---6% of your sales were in market 3 weeks or longer.
--26 of 100 sales were shopping MORE than 2 months
4.Classified Sites Work well
---25 of your buyers were shopping on Autotrader & Cars.com
5.JohnsonFord.com is important
---85 out of 100 buyers were on your website prior to purchase.
---267 of your sales were buyers on your site more than 5 times

And on and on….

My take aways...
I was marketing director, from my survey, I found the single greatest signature of a "sale in the making" was a shopper at my web site for a repeat visit. The "repeat visitor" stat became my obsession which lead me to build all kinds of awesome merchandising tools on my old site, including MyCars, Big ass Pics, LESS Lead Gen buttons AND putting them below the fold (satisfy the shopper 1st, lead gen will follow), Automatic comment generator, Hot Feature call outs, reverse transparency messaging, etc... In my case, once I had my merchandising game going, I ramped up PPC spending so I could fuel more repeat visits.[/QUOTE]

Hello Joe,
What was your new visitor vs returning visitor ratio?
And, could you expand more on what you build on your site to attract the returning visitor?
Thank you.

The survey that Joe Pistell is referring to he implemented when he worked for me. It works very well and use it quarterly when we make marketing and advertising decisions. Its simple and it works. I have toyed with the idea to make it digital but I think in this case you get better answers when people use the old fashioned pen. Many people write a paragraph or more in some cases and the feedback is very valuable.

Reactions: 1 person