• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Survey at Delivery: A Road Map to Your Store

Bumping a great DR thread.

Survey YOUR BUYERS at Delivery. It costs you nothing and it'll blow your mind.

leads = 10% of all sales
repeat visits* = 60% of all sales​

If you're paid on deliveries (not on leads) -AND- If you're responsible for marketing & internet decisions, this is a secret weapon!

How can this info make me more money?

1st, you have to be paid on deliveries. If you're income source is leads, then, this won't work for you.

Ok, so your paid (or rewarded) on deliveries.
The survey-at-delivery makes your INVISIBLE shoppers finally become visible. You see the MAJORITY of your buyers are saying, prior to purchase, they came back to your site multiple times. Then, you may say "ok.... what does this mean to me? How do I profit from this info?"

1st, it's a paradigm shift for YOU.
Sit back and think about this... For every 100 sales, about 10 came from Internet leads and 60 came from repeat visits. Gulp. IOW, every time you close a lead sale, 6 sales came from silent repeat visitors*. This challenges you: "what is the main business function of my website? ...lead gen?"

Ok, what's next?
With this data in hand, the websites top business function is now 100% focused on what it takes to create a repeat visit. My forum signature speaks to this:

“Car Shoppers spend most of their time on other sites... not yours."
#ThinkHoneyNotHammers

Shopping is a task... and it's really hard to make sense of it all.
Shoppers are looking for a website that'll give them an advantage... give them confidence. You've got to make your site, 'shopper friendly'. A shopper wants to leave your site 'smarter than when they came in'. A shopper wants to leave your site satisfied. If anything on your website isn't 'shopper friendly', get rid of it, or, relocate it, or reduce it.

• Do you have pictures on all NEW and USED?
  • Do you have prices on all NEW and USED?
  • Does your new car prices allow the shopper to see & interact with all incentives?
  • How much of your VDP real estate is lead gen?
  • Do you have the best 'shopper friendly' tools on your site? (i.e. will it make them smarter?)
  • Does your chat lead gen or assist in finding answers? (i.e. A shopper wants to leave your site satisfied.)

Lastly, car shoppers make 2 big decisions (in this order).
  1. What Car
  2. What Store

The land on the car... then they say "who is this dealer?" Get your "why buy from us" message all prettied up and get it on your site ASAP. I highly recommend it on the VDP, BELOW THE FOLD.

Survey your buyers, you'll see, lead gen is so 2008.

The survey asks very simple questions**, what you get in return is a high-level look at how they got to your store.

*Visited your website 3 time or more

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-8_8-49-2.png
    upload_2016-3-8_8-49-2.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 10