• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Hey everyone! Justing getting back on this forum. Happy to answer any questions or provide updates on Tekion. Lets have a chat, I love this biz and want to speak to the industries best on how to make our product and services better. We have our fair share of things to do to improve and I look forward to helping the industry and dealers anyway possible.

Hey everyone! Justing getting back on this forum. Happy to answer any questions or provide updates on Tekion. Lets have a chat, I love this biz and want to speak to the industries best on how to make our product and services better. We have our fair share of things to do to improve and I look forward to helping the industry and dealers anyway possible.
@Pedram, thanks for jumping in here. Vendor participation within DR just makes the world better!
I have a couple questions for you that I'm sure other Refreshers have as well.

1) In July, there was the announcement below in the dev portal. Can you speak to what this means and the timeline on fixing some of the gaps in your current API?

NewJULY 19, 2023

1.15.0 Open API Release - 1.15.0

• Our new release brings some exciting features and enhanced capabilities for the Automotive Partner Cloud.
  • We are excited to introduce a new set of premium API packages. These packages contain a host of advanced capabilities that go beyond our standard data. offerings. To upgrade to our Premium APIs, simply click on the 'Upgrade Plan' icon and contact our sales team. They will guide you through the upgrade process, provide pricing details, and assist you in leveraging the full potential of these advanced APIs.
  • During this release we also launched a new Enterprise Plan with higher rate limits and other features to companies operating at scale. To upgrade to the Enterprise Plan, please contact our sales team. We will help you through the process, provide pricing details, and answer any questions you may have.
2) Do you see Tekion charging for integrations anytime in the future or is that what the above is referring to?

Thanks!

Ditto what Dan said. We have been looking at extensive Tekion integrations and some of the content in the portal is a bit confusing.
Originally I was under the impression that there were APIs for "everything" in Tekion, but now it appears to be moving to a tiered system.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Tekion as a platform and a DMS - the intuitiveness makes the rest feel decades behind.
Technical support could use.. some help, but they're responsive so we make do.

Reactions: Dan Sayer
@Pedram, thanks for jumping in here. Vendor participation within DR just makes the world better!
I have a couple questions for you that I'm sure other Refreshers have as well.

1) In July, there was the announcement below in the dev portal. Can you speak to what this means and the timeline on fixing some of the gaps in your current API?

NewJULY 19, 2023

1.15.0 Open API Release - 1.15.0

• Our new release brings some exciting features and enhanced capabilities for the Automotive Partner Cloud.
  • We are excited to introduce a new set of premium API packages. These packages contain a host of advanced capabilities that go beyond our standard data. offerings. To upgrade to our Premium APIs, simply click on the 'Upgrade Plan' icon and contact our sales team. They will guide you through the upgrade process, provide pricing details, and assist you in leveraging the full potential of these advanced APIs.
  • During this release we also launched a new Enterprise Plan with higher rate limits and other features to companies operating at scale. To upgrade to the Enterprise Plan, please contact our sales team. We will help you through the process, provide pricing details, and answer any questions you may have.
2) Do you see Tekion charging for integrations anytime in the future or is that what the above is referring to?

Thanks!
Hi Dan,

1) We are constantly working on our API's (adding and improving) them. If you have any known gaps that need to be addressed drop me a line and I will have the team investigate them.

2) Answering your comments from 1 and 2 here. For some context, 99% of our integrations are at no cost. That said, recently we have started receiving advanced access/development requests (beyond standard integration activities) where partners want to build end-to-end workflow applications on top of certain DMS objects. Similarly, in some situations, partners want to hit the Tekion Open APIs hundreds of times every few minutes. While these use cases are few and far between, they do require significant development, support and cloud computing expenses. In those cases, we plan to charge minimal amounts to recoup these cloud computing costs via the Enterprise program and premium API services as mentioned above. Again, a majority of our APIs are standard, and we continue to invest in enhancing and adding to those standard APIs. We strongly believe that reasonable usage of those APIs should always be at no cost. Therefore, true to our open and “dealer owns their data” philosophy, we have no intention of following practices that some other providers have been following in the industry.

We are also exploring putting together a developer webinar / QA session. In general we have received great feedback from the various partners that use our API's but we want to keep listening to improve the experience for all involved.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: craigh
Ditto what Dan said. We have been looking at extensive Tekion integrations and some of the content in the portal is a bit confusing.
Originally I was under the impression that there were APIs for "everything" in Tekion, but now it appears to be moving to a tiered system.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Tekion as a platform and a DMS - the intuitiveness makes the rest feel decades behind.
Technical support could use.. some help, but they're responsive so we make do.
Hey Craig,

Hopefully my comment above addresses our approach to the Premium and Enterprise use cases. If there are some parts that are still confusing please drop me a line so I can get the feedback to our team so they can improve the content.

Thanks for the recognition on intuitiveness, we are constantly trying to make things easier. On the support comment, I am confident we will get there- we have been laser focused on driving a better experience and listening to our dealers. Appreciate your support (no pun intended) ;)

Hopefully my comment above addresses our approach to the Premium and Enterprise use cases. If there are some parts that are still confusing please drop me a line so I can get the feedback to our team so they can improve the content.
Appreciate the response and yes, it does make perfect sense what you said.

The one thing I keep running into is "the API only provides data for the last 7 days" - there are many situations (ie: first onboarding) where we need historical data beyond just records that were touched in the last 7 days. Is that something that Premium would allow for?

Appreciate the response and yes, it does make perfect sense what you said.

The one thing I keep running into is "the API only provides data for the last 7 days" - there are many situations (ie: first onboarding) where we need historical data beyond just records that were touched in the last 7 days. Is that something that Premium would allow for?
Let me get you in touch with the right folks to help. Drop me a line at [email protected] and I will make the introductions. Thanks!