• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tesla Reality Check?

If you google the link you can get the non-gated version. I stand by what I said, though. You can't be an automotive analyst and spit out rumors without any data to actually back it up. Pretty clear Morgan Stanley shorted the stock.
Hey, you might be right, but we'll see on the demand and their profitability. I still think their success lies in producing an affordable EV for the Chinese market.

Critics have been calling for the death of Tesla since their inception. You've got to look at what that organization has accomplished against all odds. I could see a potential acquisition but it won't be from an existing automotive company. Several tech titans want in on this market, but the deal has to make sense.

I would not be surprised to see a Chinese enterprise acquire them but I don't know the legal ramifications of that, especially with the current trade war.

But the fact of the matter is I only see Tesla getting bigger by the day; There is no other OEM on the planet that is improving their products as fast as they are. It's incredible. And it's not just the car business that's getting bigger by the day either. Look at what their mission is and how successful they've been on executing it.

Critics have been calling for the death of Tesla since their inception. You've got to look at what that organization has accomplished against all odds. I could see a potential acquisition but it won't be from an existing automotive company. Several tech titans want in on this market, but the deal has to make sense.

I would not be surprised to see a Chinese enterprise acquire them but I don't know the legal ramifications of that, especially with the current trade war.

But the fact of the matter is I only see Tesla getting bigger by the day; There is no other OEM on the planet that is improving their products as fast as they are. It's incredible. And it's not just the car business that's getting bigger by the day either. Look at what their mission is and how successful they've been on executing it.
The product seems OK, it's Elon all over the place with other products that I don't trust. That was highlighted in the article. The auto industry ain't PayPal or a solar company, as well.

Well, it looks like another major player ain't happy. This time Barclays.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...taking-tesla-blue-pill-slaps-150-price-target
"The company lacks a path to significant profitability from its auto business and its solar storage installations have declined sequentially over the past two quarters," Johnson said. Like Morgan Stanley last week, Barclays said that there was "no excitement" around the brand anymore, observing that the CEO's pivot to robotaxis fell on deaf ears.

Johnson did try to recant some of the bull case that has been successful, but he then turned around to note why all of these points did not justify the company's current valuation. He says that Barclay's looks at four "articles of faith", that Tesla bulls take to be gospel, with an eye of skepticism.

barc%20bull%20vs.png

Just wait until the order book opens for the Shanghai plant tomorrow. Tesla is the *only* wholly owned non-Chinese automaker in the country. That is saying something. Watch this ()

We're in agreement on the Chinese market, they should be focusing on it and then some. However, we all know how volatile that market can be, so we'll see... :)