• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tesla Reality Check?

craigh

Super Moderator
May 19, 2011
First Name
Craig
I'm just saying, if I could run a negative cash flow company as long as Elon can, I'd be doing great.
He still needs to get to self-sufficiency in my opinion.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Get Podium
Apr 29, 2011
First Name
Chris
They've been cash flow positive the past couple quarters. Amazon was another company that was negative cash flow pretty frequently. Look at them now. I think the Tesla bashing is irrational now. The auto industry capitulated.

Apr 29, 2011
First Name
Chris

This is what happens when you don't have a dealer network. All your working capital is tied up in a parking lot while the economy is on lock-down. For a company that's as capital intensive as Tesla is they're gonna blow through their cash reserves unless they move these vehicles somehow. Unlike most other OEMS they can't record revenue until a customer physically takes delivery :/

Reactions: craigh

Jeff Kershner

Founder
May 1, 2005
First Name
Jeff
Tesla reportedly removing paid-for features after used-car sales

Alexander Lau

Under the Bridge
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
https://fee.org/articles/elon-musk-s-economic-truth-bomb-to-joe-rogan/ well I've been saying if there's no economy what's the point?

Elon may have bellowed this but TSLA has been nothing short of a shell game from an accounting perspective lately - yay! he's eligible for the SP500 only because they were able to turn a profit due to the sale of regulatory credits (a record amount for them) and other financial 'engineering'. SO, TSLA is a massive bubble and people are still dogpiling on...