• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The end of ADF via Email is upon us

Hopefully Elead doesn't end up losing clients because of this?
From what I'm hearing, this won't be the reason ELead is losing clients.

Wonder what they are going to do when some of the 3rd Party Listing sites say that they won't change? What if Cars . com (as an example) says that they don't want to build out api, and that they will continue to send lead data via ADF, or their client can manually enter the data into their CRM? Or do all of these vendors already have an api built?

What about Facebook?

Hopefully Elead doesn't end up losing clients because of this?
I believe the large vendors will get with the program pretty quickly. Perhaps one of the reps can speak to it soon.

Reactions: Tallcool1
"Email is not secure!"
-DealerFire

"Send us your FTP username and password via email."
-Also DealerFire
In my conversations at NADA it became clear that vendors are very confused about how to become compliant.
Based on the letter of the law, almost no vendors can actually be compliant without severely compromising their functionality.

I am very curious to see how this is going to proceed. We can encrypt every piece of data about every customer, but if we can't transfer it between vendor APIs or send it to the client's screen in bulk, then it's going to make every day tasks much more difficult.

In the VIN Solutions example, I don't believe their API has encrypt and decrypt built in, it just encrypts the entire communication channel.
What I am hearing, is that this is not sufficient under the new law and the information must actually be sent as encrypted data only, not just over an encrypted channel.
Yes hard to imagine they put that in the same email lol. This obviously won't happen by June 9 across the board, if ever.

Does anyone have links to technical docs on the new standards? From our listing service, we send ADF email leads to various CRM applications.
I've requested something from dealer fire. Nothing yet. I suspect they will be dropping an xml file on your ftp and you are constantly checking via in our case a command. Parsing the file and then upon success, deleting it.

I've requested something from dealer fire. Nothing yet. I suspect they will be dropping an xml file on your ftp and you are constantly checking via in our case a command. Parsing the file and then upon success, deleting it.
It will be interesting to hear what they say. From this:
Please work with your CRM company to ingest the leads that we will be sending to your SFTP.
It sounds like I will have to output the lead to a directory on my server and supply the CRM company with an SFTP account to retrieve the lead. Or, utilize the provider's API to push a lead. I wonder if that will be a login for each dealer I work with or one login per CRM provider.

Almost no leads happen through our web forms anymore. Our shoppers use the phone number or click through to the dealer website since we added that feature.

It will be interesting to hear what they say. From this:

It sounds like I will have to output the lead to a directory on my server and supply the CRM company with an SFTP account to retrieve the lead. Or, utilize the provider's API to push a lead. I wonder if that will be a login for each dealer I work with or one login per CRM provider.

Almost no leads happen through our web forms anymore. Our shoppers use the phone number or click through to the dealer website since we added that feature.
If I had to guess, I would say it will be a separate login for each dealer.

Reactions: tnfly