• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The New Facebook 'Groups'

tijerin

8 Pounder Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
First Name
Arnold
I don't know if y'all have figured out how big of a game-changer Facebook's new groups will be but the land grab has been going on all day for the vanity email addresses. I'll blog about it eventually but by then it'll be too late.

I just wanted to let y'all know I had your back and secured dealerrefresh for you .. as a group and with the vanity email address...

You can thank me later with alcohol :)

Thanks Arnold, I owe you. I meant to jump on this morning but forgot and once I got to work I walked into meetings almost all freaking day.

How do we transfer?

There's not really a "transfer" with the new Groups.. it's community owned. it can be open (anyone can see all content and members), closed (you can see members but not content) or secret (you cant see nothing..cant even search for it).

Any member can "add" any of their friends at any time. The only time an "Admin" has to approve the request is if nobody invited them or added them.

The forum is member-regulated but it has some cool features like the group chat (which is crazy cool.. like an old school AOL chatroom.. up to 250 people chatting at the same time).. it does have a vanity e-mail address that I made sure to get which is "supposed" to allow people to post content to the group via email but Ive been testing it out and it doesn't seem to do anything yet.

I created about 50 of these groups today.. I'll add you on FB to the group and make you an admin.. then you can add anybody and they can add people, etc etc

Thanks for securing that for us Arnold :thumbup:

I'm going to have to play with the email notification settings on groups.....geeeeesh - I was BLOWN-UP with facebook stuff last night.

Just click "Edit Notifications" and turn off e-mail notifications. That's what I did and it works fine. You still get notifications within Facebook but I can live with that.

So what has everyone scarfed up?

I have the following group names plus the e-mails:
Phone-up Ninjas
Sales Ninjas
Internet Ninjas
Phone Ninjas
Phone Ninja

I just checked all the other Automotive blog sites, Dealer Elite was the only one that had not claimed theirs. Should be good for some free advertising if I agree to turn it over. LOL