• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The New Facebook 'Groups'

I have a gripe about Facebook groups: Anyone can put you in a group.

I know you can login to Facebook and take yourself out of a group, but I have been subjected to a few groups (without my consent) by the most overzealous social media user I know in automotive: Ralph Paglia.

Ralph has been putting me into some groups I really don't care to be in. I don't care because they're nothing but Ralph links mixed-in with vendor advertisements. I have not de-friended Ralph yet, but I am so close to writing a DealerRefresh article titled "Why I de-friended Ralph Paglia" :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
I have not de-friended Ralph yet, but I am so close to writing a DealerRefresh article titled "Why I de-friended Ralph Paglia" :lol:

:lmao: no kidding Alex, I am close to doing the same and unfollowing him and ADM on Twitter, I really could care less that Ralph post a picture, article, or likes something every 48 seconds!! This made me laugh thinking of the thread you posted "Too much Potratz" and talking how Paul was following you all over the web with his remarketing! That was a positive on Pauls great marketing tool, but damn already, talk about too much Ralph!!

Spray and Pray.

Just when you think you've removed him from your inbox and news feeds - BAM!! There he is again.

Ohh the enormous amount of "check-ins", "likes" and if that weren't enough, my fav - the keyword stuffed articles from other vertical publications (in hopes to capture some additional indexing for ADM).

True guru gone bad.

We've asked here in the forums - what's your dealerships social media strategy. Another engaging question could be "what's your personal social media strategy?" Don't lie, you know you have one or at one point thought you had one.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the occasional "check-in" at my favorite establishment in hopes to become the mayor. I love to provide feedback and reviews, good and bad, for others to read and make a decision upon.

I see something I like, really like - then I'll "like" it, I'll share it. For 5 seconds, someone might see my post or check-in. For 5 seconds, I might be popular.

I don't care how you slice it, dice it or justify it -- social media is a popularity contest for many. Mostly for people that have been popular in school or a social club of some sort and enjoy being popular, can't stand the thought of not be popular. Then there's the ones that were very popular only in their own heads, and social provides this opportunity to be popular, in their own heads - again.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong in being popular. I'll admit, I enjoy the occasional popularity. Who doesn't?

What's your personal social media strategy?

Oh popular one...

Reactions: 1 person