• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Thinking of moving everything to DealerSocket. Talk me out of it - Or confirm my thinking.

Nov 23, 2021
Awards
First Name
Joe
Hey Folks - I was just hired as GM at a great store and my owner has given me the authority to change whatever software services I want in the name of operating more efficiently. I’m strongly considering moving everything to DealerSocket as I am looking for a partner that can handle CRM, DMS, inventory, website, marketing, desking, etc. I really like the idea of having a one-stop shop for everything we need.

I’ve used them in the past for CRM and was always impressed, but I’m wondering if they are really keeping up with some of the newer folks out there? In particular, Roadster, AutoFi, etc. Thoughts? I like that DealerSocket has a name I can trust, but what are folks thoughts on the quality of their integrated solutions?

Appreciate the help!

What DMS is DealerSocket attached to?
I’m strongly considering moving everything to DealerSocket as I am looking for a partner that can handle CRM, DMS, inventory, website, marketing, desking, etc. I really like the idea of having a one-stop shop for everything we need.
What DMS is in the DealerSocket family?

Reactions: Tallcool1
Hey Folks - I was just hired as GM at a great store and my owner has given me the authority to change whatever software services I want in the name of operating more efficiently. I’m strongly considering moving everything to DealerSocket as I am looking for a partner that can handle CRM, DMS, inventory, website, marketing, desking, etc. I really like the idea of having a one-stop shop for everything we need.

I’ve used them in the past for CRM and was always impressed, but I’m wondering if they are really keeping up with some of the newer folks out there? In particular, Roadster, AutoFi, etc. Thoughts? I like that DealerSocket has a name I can trust, but what are folks thoughts on the quality of their integrated solutions?

Appreciate the help!
Maybe they have updated their systems, but I don't recall hearing about it. DealerSocket is one of the worst CRM's I've had to deal with over the past few years. It is stilted, the workflow is poor, and it's not intuitive in any way. They created a new interface, 'Blackbird, which was a step in the right direction. However, the interface is only a shell over the same insides that just are not user-friendly.

Maybe they have updated their systems, but I don't recall hearing about it. DealerSocket is one of the worst CRM's I've had to deal with over the past few years. It is stilted, the workflow is poor, and it's not intuitive in any way. They created a new interface, 'Blackbird, which was a step in the right direction. However, the interface is only a shell over the same insides that just are not user-friendly.
And you had to use Blackbird, and classic to do anything productive.

Reactions: MommaBear

Appreciate the help!
A one-stop shop usually isn't a good thing - instead, pick the best solution for each of your needs.

For what it's worth, DealerSocket would not be my top pick for CRM and their DealerFire websites would not be my top pick for website provider either.