• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

This may be why you don't Outsource your Chat on off hours..

For this thread, if all we have are 2 choices (3rd party Chat or NO Chat), given all the research I've done, in almost all cases, chat (done right) will totally outperform no chat.

my $0.02
Joe

p.s. Your chat transcripts (and recorded calls) are priceless. They'll tell you more about what's on your shoppers mind than any any other source you have.

I'm surprised no one has taken notice, but I purposely asked for a Nissan 4Runner. Nissan DOESN'T MAKE THE 4Runner. That's a Toyota. So here we have an outsourced service that's chatting for a Nissan dealership during off hours, I asked if they had any Nissan 4Runner's in-stock, only to be told no. Well of course not.

Let that settle in...

Now maybe we can use Joe's suggested title "Does Your Chat Vendor Suck".

To their defense, she/he may of assumed that you had a brain fart and wrote Nissan. One would be more likely to confuse the make rather than the model. But, I agree, chat answering services are VERY hit or miss. I like them but only when the rep is trained and with it. W/O that, chat does more harm than good.