• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Toyota Recall Revenue Generation Ideas

Brian Pasch

8 Pounder Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
First Name
Brian
Calling all Toyota dealers! The Pasch Consulting Group proved that a good microsite can draw consumer automotive leads from a national audience with our Cash For Clunkers Facts website. Over 8,000,000 visitors in 2 months came to our site and thousands participated in our forums.

Now that Toyota is recalling a few million cars, this represents a great opportunity for Toyota dealers to increase service revenue. Letters are being mailed to owners next week and so it will be GAME ON for dealers who want to pump up their service bays.

I believe that customers who bought their Toyota from a local Toyota dealer will likely bring it back to the same local dealer, but what about the people who purchased a used Toyota from a private party or other brand dealer. That is where there is a great opportunity!

PCG has created a new national consumer website to assist consumers with questions on the recall located at www.toyotarecall.org. If you are a Toyota dealer and would like to get free leads from this portal, you can send us an email and request leads from your region on a first come basis. See what we need below.

Our existing Toyota clients have some areas taken but a good part of the country is open. This is a great way to leverage our SEO strategies and content writing to increase local service business.
DealerRefresh.com members are the FIRST to get this offer.

We will offer exclusivity as best as possible, so the first Toyota dealer in Chicago for example, would get the leads from the city.

If you are a Toyota dealer, you can send an email to me with the following information:

Dealer Name:
Street:
City:
State:
Zip:
Service Phone:
email address for us to send ADF leads into your CRM system
and for our records:
Your name:
Position:
Your Direct Dial Phone:
Your Email Address:

You can email this to: [email protected]

This website is a not for profit service to the automotive industry. It will be a support system for the millions of Toyota owners affected by the recall. Any dealers who want to add their own articles, press releases or banners can submit them for review.

Dealers will not be charged for leads, they will only need to provide a link to www.toyotarecall.org from their website.

Great offer Brian :thumbup: - after the success we had with your Cash for Clunkers Facts program, this is a no-brainer for us at Checkered Flag. I've passed this on to the Preston Auto Group and the Swope Group.

I have added all your sites with their own landing page and will continue to optimize for your state. I few other people also requested spots. The good news is that all three of you were the first in your state to respond so you get a good geo radius around your store for leads.

If there are other Toyota dealers in your 20 group or network, pass the news quietly. You can see an update list of the dealers that I have created optimized pages for on this link. Toyota Recall Dealer Directory

12 states so far have responded....

Please make sure you add a link back to Toyota Recall Information on your service page or home page back to the site. Now as things heat up, let's hope you can get some extra service business. Don't forget to start a press release and SEO campaign on this topic.

You should have a dedicated Toyota Recall page on your website with 400-500 words about the recall.

Brian

I am not surprised by how few of the Toyota dealers out there have done anything about this online. I'm not surprised because there is typically a divide between sales and service departments, and most Internet Managers come from the sales department. I can hear some Toyota Internet Sales Managers right now "oh crap, a recall that is going to hurt my sales." Immediate negativity.

For those of you who want to be proactive on this, I suggest getting on board with Brian Pasch and then building some landing pages on your own website.

This is what we did: Toyota Recall Information on Floormat and Gas Pedal - be sure to check out Christine's video here: Toyota Recall Info & Scheduling for Virginia as it may help you to understand the floormat recall better.