• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Trying to use a PC again. Not easy.

Yup, agreed on all of that. I wish Apple had a precision touch screen you could use a pen with - that would be in my house in 2 seconds.

They do make the iPad pro and Apple Pencil. I have both and they are amazing!.

I only do stuff on macs. If i need a PC to run something like UCS/Power I just remote desktop into someones PC from my mac.. Problem solved.

27" iMac 32gb ram etc. (2012 and about ready for an upgrade)
13" Macbook Air (nothin fancy but gets the job done)
12" iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil

They do make the iPad pro and Apple Pencil. I have both and they are amazing!

Oh, for sure! I use my iPad Pro as my laptop's drawing pad with a neat little app called Astropad. It replicates the desktop onto the iPad and then you can doodle or photo-edit all day long. When at home I prefer the larger Wacom Intuos for the better precision and shortcut key system.

Every time I go into Best Buy I give the Microsoft Studio Pro a try and just wish I could put OSX on it (along with Wacom's precision). A 28" 3:2 ratio monitor couldn't be more perfect for graphic work.

Granted, I am editing 50 megapixel photos where I might spend a few hours retouching one image. So, my needs/wants are far different than what someone would use this for outside of the photography world.

Reactions: craigh
I am installing my new CPU cooler tonight and hopefully bringing the windows machine back online.
Will likely stop using the Mac at home for a bit and see how it goes.

Windows 10 has come a long ways, but there are some issues that drive me nuts.
Most recently, I've noticed that the start menu is slow, non-responsive and basically useless. Searching used to be quick, now it's so slow I can just find the program in the file explorer faster.

I remember when software was tested and proven before it was released.
I miss those days.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
They do make the iPad pro and Apple Pencil. I have both and they are amazing!.
12" iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil

The only reason I haven't purchased an iPad Pro is because iOS is a turd lately.
My iPhone has more issues than ever and these issues are persisting across multiple software updates.
I'm not going to give Apple over $1000 for a tablet that runs on a shitty OS they barely know how to support.

Circa 2005, I used an A/B Switch to jump back and forth from my Mac to PC (long story). I think an USB Switch can do it easily today.

These days you just use a KVM switch to control both the Windows and Mac computer at the same time.
I've even seen a setup where they're side by side, each on one monitor, using a single keyboard and mouse.

No idea how it works, but it always surprises me when it does.

https://symless.com/synergy

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Lau
These days you just use a KVM switch to control both the Windows and Mac computer at the same time.
I've even seen a setup where they're side by side, each on one monitor, using a single keyboard and mouse.

No idea how it works, but it always surprises me when it does.

https://symless.com/synergy
Yep, saw that KVM. Looks neat, but probably not that used. :)