• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Makeover Diary 2.0

in the spirit of free-flowing brain dumps... I admire Shop Used Cars Online - Texas Direct Auto SRP filtering. Very 'seller-buyer' friendly.
Missed the mark in my opinion: they are checking IP to see if in US. Not a good way of doing it and no way to tell if perhaps i have a property etc. in the US and I'm looking for a car. They immediately redirect to the attached. Cant see why you wouldn't at least tell them its a US based site, but give the option to click through.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: AutoAlex
Whilst I'm not opposed to the idea of eliminating web traffic from out of country, I do find it odd.

I don't think I've ever seen a website limit out of country web traffic without a domain redirect.
Leave it to vroom vroom, I suppose.

Whilst I'm not opposed to the idea of eliminating web traffic from out of country, I do find it odd.

I don't think I've ever seen a website limit out of country web traffic without a domain redirect.
Leave it to vroom vroom, I suppose.
Especially Canada -> US. Not unusual to buy US cars and visa versa. We've bought literally 100's just ourselves from US past couple years.

Reactions: AutoAlex
Especially Canada -> US. Not unusual to buy US cars and visa versa. We've bought literally 100's just ourselves from US past couple years.
I agree, while I've never done a US to Canada consumer sale, I've been at dealerships that have stores in both countries and move vehicles around, or buy inventory from Canada import it to the states. I also didn't realize you were in Canada and that's how it looks for you. When I think about "who I would limit from viewing my dealership website", random countries like Somalia, Yemen and Moldova come to mind.