• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Makeover Diary 2.0

Price = "Contact Us" Dealer VDP

woa, all 155 used VINs: Price = "Contact Us"
Just another example of why maintaining 2 separate sites is a bad idea. Likely an inventory feed issue that they haven't noticed since they never visit that site.

Primary Off-Program Vanity Site - Dealer E-Process:
Has Pricing -> https://www.hhchevy.com/auto/used-2023-chevrolet-silverado-1500-high-country-omaha-ne/90756553/

OEM Approved Site - Ansira/Sincro/CDK/Cobalt:
No Pricing -> %NEW/USED_CAP_FIRST_LETTERS% %YEAR% %MAKE% %MODEL% For Sale Omaha NE | %VIN%

good catch RE.

H+H is aggressive.
1716476579982.png

The new FTC rules will blowup favorite pricing games.

1716476838987.png
"...Dealer service/document fee of $999 is not included in quoted price. Tax, tag, and electronic registration fee of $399 are not included"

New thread? FTC Pivot Watch. ;-)

good catch RE.

H+H is aggressive.
View attachment 8912

The new FTC rules will blowup favorite pricing games.

View attachment 8913
"...Dealer service/document fee of $999 is not included in quoted price. Tax, tag, and electronic registration fee of $399 are not included"

New thread? FTC Pivot Watch. ;-)
Yes, that is also a GM AIS violation - a GM dealership can face serious financial implications if they receive 3 non-compliance strikes.

1716477432667.png

Reactions: joe.pistell
PSA: Drop Google, use Perplexity.ai it's really improving fast.
Our startup (AutoMagic Labs) has subscriptions to ChatGPT4o, Claude 3 Opus, Gemini Advanced and Perplexity Pro. When it comes to research, Drop Google, use Perplexity. Give me a like or a comment if you like Perplexity too.
Out of the four ( Perplexity, ChatGPT, Copilot, Gemini), Perplexity is my go-to for search at the moment.

Perplexity - interesting.

It's faster than chatGPT.

I like how they add relevant content.

I think I'm done with google. too many searches to only end up on their sponsored ai generate crap pages.

I'm going to give duckduckgo a chance.