• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Makeover Diary 2.0

Let's work backward - why do we need a check availability button?
With my car shopper's hat on, I say to myself "why does the website not know the car is available?" :oops: ...

So, in order to eliminate the need for a check availability button, there needs to be a way to guarantee that the vehicles for sale online are actually available. This would necessitate the need for a real-time inventory management API that communicates with the DMS, CRM, IMS, and website.
Noodling experiment...
Can a standalone wireless asset tracking system be made using Apple AirTags (or its competitors) that can be adapted to this need?

If yes, who wants this info (i.e. how valuable is this info)?:
  • The car shopper?
  • The sales rep?
  • The dealers internal operations?
How 'sharp' are the geo fence lines that can auto-identify the location of the VIN? (e.g. in service, in cleanup, on the lot, left the lot at (timestamp), returned to the lot on (timestamp), etc).

Good stuff :popcorn:

With my car shopper's hat on, I say to myself "why does the website not know the car is available?" :oops: ...

Noodling experiment...
Can a standalone wireless asset tracking system be made using Apple AirTags (or its competitors) that can be adapted to this need?

If yes, who wants this info (i.e. how valuable is this info)?:
  • The car shopper?
  • The sales rep?
  • The dealers internal operations?
How 'sharp' are the geo fence lines that can auto-identify the location of the VIN? (e.g. in service, in cleanup, on the lot, left the lot at (timestamp), returned to the lot on (timestamp), etc).

Good stuff :popcorn:
Sales rep needs to locate the car first to have it prepped for customer appointment. A customer doesn't need to know where a car is as long as it's available regardless of location (e.g. at service, at body shop, at showroom).

Reactions: joe.pistell
Any frikentech users here?
My store uses illumiquote on VDP. IMO, the complete illumiquote UX (payments with trade) is an experience not seen anywhere else (deep in the funnel shopper gets rich info with low friction).

This UX is so rare and shopper-valuable I believe shoppers will be on my competitors site and will be looking for it.

Reymore has about a 70% sale w/trade rate. Illumiquote is made for this setup. I want to reduce the current CTAs (below) and i need a creative CTA that communicates “this awesome tool quickly combines personalized payments and your trade into one super simple work area”

1669475848893.png

American Airlines squeeze page idea: ---> "Accept Restrictions".... is this profit generating genius or is it survival?
View attachment 7592
My Takeaways:
$39 offers from Frontier and Spirit have created an ecommerce WAR in air travel. Frontier and Spirit are gaming the aggregators (like kayak) with low ball offers, then, totally crushing ppl in the back end (bag fees, seat selection fees, etc). The giants like AA were forced to counter and REDUCE it's standard services to create a new, lower level of standard services.

Conclusion: The price whores (Frontier/Spirit air) have made me appreciate all of the unpaid svcs the major carriers give us.
FWIW, any company playing upsell well will get the sale. The CTA to each customer need, is where the nitty gritty thinking most of us do on how to improve that aspect for the customer, or at least try to guesswork it into a sale. Thats the whole job of you and I but in a digital manner. Getting gramps to understand why the mouse isnt communicating with the website, it's about translating to their frustration on "why mouse no click!?"
Our #1 most clicked VDP CTA - "Explore Payments"
The customer knows HARD PULL, bad. Explore, good. :) We want to hear the answers our brain is telling us to hear.

Food for thought, A button to call garnishes more or less the data that we want to hear, as you can associate the number to hopefully the same customers sale, but a big application button, how many clicked off after seeing what they needed to fill in just to hear back from the same person they may have called in the first place?

Configure

Explore

Financing Available

We Finance!

Inquire

Inquiry

Submit Info

Provide Info

Call Agent

Connect to Agent

etc...
Et cetera...

Last edited:
@Ryan Everson I was studying your work, how long have you guys been off of cargurus?
The majority of our new car stores are currently on CarGurus; we evaluate our cost per vdp view, cost per lead, and cost per sale for each third-party site quarterly and cancel or renegotiate the lowest-performing third parties at each rooftop.

Reactions: joe.pistell