• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vendor Bombardment

Sorry I didn't make myself clear on my post. I disagree with the vendor you quoted, Alex, who said that DealerRefresh is a time suck and costs him money. Social networking and the sharing of ideas is how business is conducted these days! We all need to be able to learn from each other's successes and mistakes and what better way to share than on a forum like this one?

WOW! This new thread seems to be a little much from a guy that was trying to find a new CRM and asked for advice on the top forums of our Industry.

By the way - I am the FINNEY whose name is slung around in the first thread. I am also trying to find a new CRM, much like Mr. Benner.

I really see this two ways. (If you read my posts from ADM it may help).
1 As a person at the dealership level we aren't out to sell or downgrade any vendor on purpose - we really just want advice and quick help. After all what are forums for? I prefer it come from other dealers but I do read the replies from vendors. However, as a person buying products you really can't get a good idea if you don't "name the vendor" when posting or asking questions.

2. If you don't want to see vendors reply then remove the replies from the forum that's why you moderate it.

I have not yet made my CRM decision and I now want to go back and reread the post but I think I see why insertion from my post on ADM was used. So, if anyone - preferably dealers- want to help me figure this out let me know. I came here to posts some questions and was surpised to find my name all over the place... I could tell a whole lot more about that vendor!

lFinney, I am the bad guy that started this thread. Obviously I may have ruffled feathers a bit. But as far as CRM goes, I chose Reynolds not by default though we have it at our toyota store. I have decided on Vinsolutions for my ILM and my inventory manager. (from what I can tell with 3 days of use it is very good as a crm tool also) If you have any questions just let me know and I can tell you all the things that I went through to set up the store.

Matt