• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

VinSolutions isn't forwarding all your leads...and they know it.

Dan Sayer

Boss
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
Earlier this year one of my employees discovered that VinSolutions has an issue with forwarding all ADF leads out to other 3rd party partners using their "Lead Forwarding" feature. Yes, kinda poking the bear on this one but we and our vendor partner keep getting put off to later and later API engineering sprints and it's delaying a huge project of ours. Dealers aren't very good about auditing (including us) to make sure all leads coming into the CRM are being forwarded out for applications like 3rd party BDC, workflow applications, 3rd party marketing/video tools, etc. If you have anything running out of here, you are missing intermittent leads.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 7.07.38 AM.png

If you are using the Lead Forwarding with a 3rd party, I would encourage you to audit and match leads to discover the same issue and then press your Vin rep on hurrying up and fixing what they didn't for a very long time. We have a saying in our group when things get walked by, "you either didn't know or didn't care". I would say in this case for as long as it was going on, and that they were already aware when it was brought to their attention, that they didn't care. Just because dealers aren't catching it (and submitting tickets), doesn't mean it shouldn't be a priority. As a side note, when I call other vendors receiving ADF forwards for their tools, they knew that Vin had that issue as well. Kinda disappointing. I wonder how many other hidden issues are chipping away at dealer's effectiveness and we just don't know? Is anyone else aware of this issue and is Vin working on it for you? Vendors, if you know this is an issue, please press Vin on this as well by letting your dealers know. Vin has been a pretty good partner on other items but C'MON MAN!

Earlier this year one of my employees discovered that VinSolutions has an issue with forwarding all ADF leads out to other 3rd party partners using their "Lead Forwarding" feature. Yes, kinda poking the bear on this one but we and our vendor partner keep getting put off to later and later API engineering sprints and it's delaying a huge project of ours. Dealers aren't very good about auditing (including us) to make sure all leads coming into the CRM are being forwarded out for applications like 3rd party BDC, workflow applications, 3rd party marketing/video tools, etc. If you have anything running out of here, you are missing intermittent leads.

View attachment 5908

If you are using the Lead Forwarding with a 3rd party, I would encourage you to audit and match leads to discover the same issue and then press your Vin rep on hurrying up and fixing what they didn't for a very long time. We have a saying in our group when things get walked by, "you either didn't know or didn't care". I would say in this case for as long as it was going on, and that they were already aware when it was brought to their attention, that they didn't care. Just because dealers aren't catching it (and submitting tickets), doesn't mean it shouldn't be a priority. As a side note, when I call other vendors receiving ADF forwards for their tools, they knew that Vin had that issue as well. Kinda disappointing. I wonder how many other hidden issues are chipping away at dealer's effectiveness and we just don't know? Is anyone else aware of this issue and is Vin working on it for you? Vendors, if you know this is an issue, please press Vin on this as well by letting your dealers know. Vin has been a pretty good partner on other items but C'MON MAN!
Not to pile on, but last week VinSolutions had a global lead outage that prevented all GM OneSource leads from importing for 3 days. This includes the junk OEM leads of course, but also your highest quality dealership website leads!

GM pointed the finger at Vinsolutions. VinSolutions placed the blame on GM. VinSolutions was the only CRM affected, so you be the judge of who was at fault.

Think of how many sales were lost during this 3 day period and it seemed like there was very little urgency to resolve it, finger-pointing took priority.

Not to pile on, but last week VinSolutions had a global lead outage that prevented all GM OneSource leads from importing for 3 days. This includes the junk OEM leads of course, but also your highest quality dealership website leads!

GM pointed the finger at Vinsolutions. VinSolutions placed the blame on GM. VinSolutions was the only CRM affected, so you be the judge of who was at fault.

Think of how many sales were lost during this 3 day period and it seemed like there was very little urgency to resolve it, finger-pointing took priority.
That's unfortunate that someone couldn't just say "it was me". I'm sure if we listed all the outages form all vendors no one would come out unscathed. Are you forwarding any leads out of Vin at the moment @Ryan Everson?