• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

web based email marketing

I use MailChimp, not on the grounds that everybody's utilizing it, but since it is a strong arrangement. Never had issues up until now.
What issues are you having?

DealerRefresh uses MailChimp too. I have not liked the UI changes they made over and over again for a while. Who is the moron leading their Product Development? But we have been able to soldier through and make it work.

In other news, it sounds like Intuit will be buying MailChimp.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
I have not liked the UI changes they made over and over again for a while. Who is the moron leading their Product Development? But we have been able to soldier through and make it work.

This.
MailChimp has been going steadily downhill as they added new features that really just water down what made MC so great.
The price package changes and the horrendous UI they have now make me cringe every time I have to use it.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Full disclosure, I work for Outsell and am in this space. I've been in marketing/advertising for ~25 years and personally experienced the complexities and time-consuming tasks of creating lists to send, creative, open rates, unsubscribes, customer experience, incorrect messaging, bounces, spam filters, blah, blah, blah... You all know the drill.

I've also witnessed - firsthand - the power of Outsell's automation when being tied to CRM and DMS data that easily communicates with Sales and Service customers, and unsold orphans and prospects (even if they've been marked 'Dead Lead' in CRM) using true artificial intelligence (yes, another overused buzzword today! :cool:). I can show you 'live' examples of real people, not just a demo account with BS data that looks pretty.

FWIW, see the attached campaigns we provide. I could never create (or keep up with) this many, let alone segment and send to the right people, at the right time, and pivot based on each individual's behavior.

There are many in this forum who use our program and I'm happy to provide answer to any questions - just here to help. 1,500+ dealers, 16 years in business, high growth during the pandemic and high retention rates tells me we're doing something right.
1630595437605.png

1630595530251.png

We are using DealerSocket native functionality and it has been working out great. The deliverability is strong and the stats are there to analyze (click through rates, open rates, etc.) The advantage versus using a third party service is ability to set triggers based on sales funnel events, opt out management and having all in one place helps.
The key is in the emails and campaigns themselves and then in the ability to track and make changes. DS provides that. We do run email campaigns that is centered around educational content for car shoppers as opposed to sales content and found this to be a great way to build brand trust that turns to sales.