• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I see vendors just trying to give dealers what they want rather than telling dealers what customers want.
Speaking from my Dealer.com days, most dealers only care about the home page and button colors. When the customer journey is mentioned, the birds start tweeting on the other end of the call.

Then you have what the OEM wants, and that's a totally disconnected beast.

Speaking from my Dealer.com days, most dealers only care about the home page and button colors. When the customer journey is mentioned, the birds start tweeting on the other end of the call.

I have ZERO doubt.

Then you have what the OEM wants, and that's a totally disconnected beast.

Which is usually a disaster.

NabThat has the most conversion oriented websites. Back when I was in the car business I was very frustrated having VDPs with 15 CTAs. NabThat reduced it to one... enter email to unlock best price. It was our highest lead generation among all online sources. But I always scratch my head and wonder why car dealers never look outside automotive for resources to help them succeed. Look at the Martek5000. I think once general managers and owners get their head out of the car business cloud, they will find much more effective conversion tools in non-automotive industries.

Reactions: gavin.bannerinsite
NabThat has the most conversion oriented websites. Back when I was in the car business I was very frustrated having VDPs with 15 CTAs. NabThat reduced it to one... enter email to unlock best price. It was our highest lead generation among all online sources. But I always scratch my head and wonder why car dealers never look outside automotive for resources to help them succeed. Look at the Martek5000. I think once general managers and owners get their head out of the car business cloud, they will find much more effective conversion tools in non-automotive industries.
Not a fan of "unlock best price," but we're definitely finding success with one CTA.

Got some projects off my plate recently and getting ready to tackle the big one. It's called Dealer Commerce. I built a prototype platform years back but never did anything with it. Will be a fun creative outlet, though, and we'll see what comes of it!

View attachment 8657
Love the modern slider look or whatever it's called.

Reactions: Chris Cachor