• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Hey guys, I'm curious about what your biggest problems are with implementing a successful digital marketing campaign for your Auto Dealership. Please take a few minutes to share your insights and experiences in my short survey below. Your valuable feedback will directly shape the future of online promotion for dealerships like yours. Click the link below to get started and be a part of the change! I'm excited to share the results. And Let's also brainstorm some potential solutions together.

• 💩
Reactions: joe.pistell
Hey guys, I'm curious about what your biggest problems are with implementing a successful digital marketing campaign for your Auto Dealership. Please take a few minutes to share your insights and experiences in my short survey below. Your valuable feedback will directly shape the future of online promotion for dealerships like yours. Click the link below to get started and be a part of the change! I'm excited to share the results. And Let's also brainstorm some potential solutions together.

I sent you a message @Samuel@DigitalLuminate on some paths within DealerRefresh that may help you without earning you more (n)

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Hey Bill - the biggest challenge is in the inventory display and service scheduler (most of those are iFrames anyway). The rest of the website is nothing more than any other website on the Internet. If you can find an inventory display you like, then building a website is super easy.

You'll want an inventory display that is willing to work with compliance issues. Compliance will be more burdensome as you're going to make it very challenging for those compliance folks clicking around something they don't recognize.
Oh no! Don't use iFrames, that will hurt your SEO traffic. Google and Bing can't read iframes because an iFrame is a website inside a website. Moreover, iFrames are terrible for the mobile experience.

I agree iframes are bad and should generally be avoided, but it's almost a given that the majority of dealership service schedulers are iframes.

As I've referenced countless times on DealerRefresh, the service scheduler space is ripe for disruption.

But to say it's bad for SEO, isn't really accurate. Your service scheduler page isn't going to rank for high search volume keywords, regardless of whether or not it's in a iframe.

Reactions: gavin.bannerinsite
Is Toyota requiring a specific service scheduler? I keep coming across the same one on many Toyota stores and the mobile experience is baaaaaad.
It doesn't appear so, I checked a few Toyota dealers near me and they all have different service schedulers:
  • xTime
  • CDK Service Edge
  • Dealer FX
CDK Service Edge probably provides the least user friendly interface of the bunch.