• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What car dealers have used Skype or thought about it ?

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
Usually when you I think of Skype, I think eBay :ltbulb: .

Are there any car dealers on this forum currently using Skype with their eBay listings ?

How about Skype in general ?Anyone using it to communicate with customers ?

If so, how are you using it ? Do you promote it on your website ? Send a link within your emails ?

While I was writing a reply to your original post which included a Facebook question, you deleted. Now I see it's back without the FB part. Here's my original reply:

I tired Skype on my home PC and started having some strange issues. I ended up deleting it.

I use Skype whenever I travel, for conference calls as well as regular calls. From NJ I always get a clear connection and with a headset I find that I can work and talk much better without a speakerphone buzz or a stiff neck. Depending on your PC, some older ones choke up using Skype but all the newer ones work great for me.

Delivery on Demand out of St. Louis does F&I via skype. The dealership I just left does about 2/3 of their deals through DoD. The salesperson loads the deal in the scanner (very good and very fast), aligns a contract in the printer, and when the rep is ready, they call the salesperson on their cell. In they go and when finished, we deliver the car. Works phenomenally well.

Delivery on Demand out of St. Louis does F&I via skype. The dealership I just left does about 2/3 of their deals through DoD. The salesperson loads the deal in the scanner (very good and very fast), aligns a contract in the printer, and when the rep is ready, they call the salesperson on their cell. In they go and when finished, we deliver the car. Works phenomenally well.

Chris,

It seems that it is very useful for B2B communications, we use it a lot to talk to the dev teams in the other offices across the US.

I think that the question is whether someone has used it on a regular basis for sales, however and to the benefit of Skype! I haven't seen any dealers that have something on their home pages that says "Skype with us!".