• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

When Does Transparency Become Lunacy?

Speaking of Transparency! Lets make the vendors like True-Cars be transparent with their pricing. Everyone start posting their cost-per-lead for these vendors and also any freebies or discounts they offered you to sign up and we can keep it on a monthly rolling average so you can see if another dealer gets a better or bigger discount the previous month than what you got. If they did, then call them up and complain!!!

Sound like a plan????

I have never purchased leads that closed at what I consider a good closing ratio. I haven't purchased them in years. I would rather spend that money on SEM.

It is like University football programs outside of the sunbelt, dated, weak and ineffective.

Last edited:
Speaking of Transparency, has anyone seen this CarMD scanner? It's like a pocket OBD scanner that will show any kind of fault codes and it's being marketed to consumers. I can't wait to see somebody walking around the lot asking for keys and scanning the CPU!
CarMD.com - Automotive diagnostic tools, vehicle maintenance, check engine light solutions, used car buying.
banner-what-is-CarMD.jpg