• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Where's the Service Training love?

Caleb Twito

Tie Cut
Nov 7, 2016
First Name
Caleb
First, I'm not in Fixed-Ops training. It appears that the sales staff gets a lot more love when it comes to process and sales training. Why is that? Isn't the service department an extremely important extension of the sales staff? Do you place as much importance on the service process as sales?

Service Training is coming of age Caleb but not yet to the level of front end/sales training in some environments.
I presume you are really referring to Service SALES and service retail process training.

Service personnel is actually overwhelmed with manufacturer training that mostly concentrates on Customer Satisfaction and product knowledge.

I suppose a lot of Dealers and GM's are from a Sales Department background and don't really realize what an extra .5 FRH means to the typical store on a monthly basis.

Let's look at the math.

Adding .5 FRH average per RO in a typical store with 1000 CP RO's/Month, a $90 ELR and a 1:1.25 Labor to Parts ratio means an additional $101250 P&L sales which equate to $55K in gross PER MONTH!

I am available to help!
770-561-4644
www.fairchildautomotivesolutions.com