Who is kicking ass again? (after COVID)

Bingo and I've been saying that for eons. Dealerships that hire and promote MORONS get what they deserve. I cannot believe how piss poor most dealer HR teams (if they have one) operate and most of them have no frickin' clue what to look for in a resource (granted, you can't blame those tops in the middle of nowhere where tech talent generally doesn't live). Those that don't morph with the times are destined to fall by the wayside... someone said something better than that once, f*ck if I know who.??

Speaking to the west coast dealers I know, I would say that -
March/April:
- Dealer cuts sales staff to skeleton crew based on those he/she thinks are the best salespeople
- Dealer realizes he didn't do as bad in April as he anticipated
- Dealer rethinks who he will hire back (or maybe hire new folks)

May/June:
- Upswing happens for a short time
- Sales floor benefits

BUT eventually:
- Dealer did not do anything to improve processes to better service the customer
- Dealer returns to same, lackluster result with same lackluster tools, and perhaps the addition of a digital retailing tool that he doesn't end up using nearly as much as he'd hoped.

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Check out todays RefreshFriday. Matthew Haiken joins us to discuss how he reduced his staff from 20+ people to 5, and become the #1 United States Volvo store in the middle of a pandemic in a state where you cannot do deliveries at the dealership.

LIVE on Facebook at 1:00 PM EST Friday the 15th.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Everyone I know who was able to weather the storm, even thrive, the attitudes were all the same: how can I make this work compared to why I can't. The turtles who pulled their heads in missed a golden opportunity to provide great service, sell cars, and expand control of the market, as cynical as that might sound considering the goings-on.

My BDC, our lead counts are down 40% (we basically killed the entire budget) but our total BDC -driven sales were way up; new record. That was due to a combination of improving our processes, practices, and training on our part, (to confront and control the new dynamic), and the overall effect of cabin fever on buyers. So overall, our stores didn't lose sales year-over-year, and actually gained market share.

Check out todays RefreshFriday. Matthew Haiken joins us to discuss how he reduced his staff from 20+ people to 5, and become the #1 United States Volvo store in the middle of a pandemic in a state where you cannot do deliveries at the dealership.

LIVE on Facebook at 1:00 PM EST Friday the 15th.