Who is kicking ass again? (after COVID)

After COVID? Such as subjective question, almost loaded no? Considering the second waves starting in SK, etc. I don't think you can say "after COVID."
I keep hearing September, but Live Science thinks winter, then what?

I see some dealers reaching back to their numbers but with lower staff.

Problem is it's very different from state to state for now.

:iagree: some dealers have figured out how to handle things in this new environment. Some are still fighting for their phones and printers :rolleyes:

The ones that are doing well are doing it with talent (imagine that). The ones I have spoken to claim they kept the people who were more technology-capable and customer friendly. It looks like there are two types of successful sales floors that I'm seeing:
  1. Sales agents are empowered to work numbers (except trades)
  2. Sales managers are handling the customer communications and salespeople are doing deliveries
In the latter version, these are not your old school desk monkeys. They are fast-moving individuals who are closing deals with transparency and willingness. It looks like the way customers have wanted to buy cars since the Internet became a consumer device.

You nailed it Alex. And I'm betting close ratios will improve dramatically. Shoppers will visit fewer dealerships (likely only one) because of social distancing and avoiding public places. If you have the product they're looking for and they show up, no reason you shouldn't close. Unless you're wearing a plaid jacket and 'fighting for phones and printers.' ;-)

Reactions: Alex Snyder
:iagree: some dealers have figured out how to handle things in this new environment. Some are still fighting for their phones and printers :rolleyes:

The ones that are doing well are doing it with talent (imagine that). The ones I have spoken to claim they kept the people who were more technology-capable and customer friendly.
Bingo and I've been saying that for eons. Dealerships that hire and promote MORONS get what they deserve. I cannot believe how piss poor most dealer HR teams (if they have one) operate and most of them have no frickin' clue what to look for in a resource (granted, you can't blame those tops in the middle of nowhere where tech talent generally doesn't live). Those that don't morph with the times are destined to fall by the wayside... someone said something better than that once, f*ck if I know who.??