Ninjas Why it is Time to Stop Ignoring Vendors

All of this plus:

Poking holes in our current product/partnership. If your cold call/email starts off with poking holes, you better be sure your current clients don't have these same problems. Most of the time they do, and most of the time I'll find it.
Unfortunately, this is a sales tactic that many general managers often respond to.

Reactions: Ryan Montville
@Holly_phoneninjas @Chris Vitale @J Picciotti

giphy.gif

There is a TON of insight in this thread for vendors like myself! I am guilty of setting demos and not factoring time zones, and my spelling at times can be atrocious.

Coming off of a sales floor and into the tech side of the automobile industry has been an undertaking.
(My average was 14.7 my last couple years selling cars, I saw the comment about crappy salesman turned vendors)

But I am having so much fun learning about Word Press, SEO, and digital marketing!

How do you want to be approached by cold callers? What is the best cold call you have gotten recently? What stuck out that they said?

There is a TON of insight in this thread for vendors like myself! I am guilty of setting demos and not factoring time zones, and my spelling at times can be atrocious.

Coming off of a sales floor and into the tech side of the automobile industry has been an undertaking.
(My average was 14.7 my last couple years selling cars, I saw the comment about crappy salesman turned vendors)

But I am having so much fun learning about Word Press, SEO, and digital marketing!

How do you want to be approached by cold callers? What is the best cold call you have gotten recently? What stuck out that they said?
Be honest.

Tell me how you can help me.

Don't call me the last/first few days of the month, a Friday, and if you do, and I say I am slammed, don't try to word track me to get me to agree to a demo, ask when to call back or run the risk of me saying I'm not interested, stop calling.

Reactions: zlieberman
#hint
Don't call me and thank me for being a long term customer and then immediately go into pitching your newest shinny product and then get mad when I stop you 3/4 of the way into your pitch and inform you that I canceled your product 2 years ago and that I've got to go.

What???!!!! You mean vendors struggle with their sales agents and CRM systems too? :oops:

-- If I reply and ok a 9am meeting, and you send me a meeting invite for 9am EST - you did wrong. Know your customer and where they are located.

Big one right now popping up again - esp with the WFH crowd.

All meeting invites, mentions of time, meeting requests, emails mentioning a certain time, etc etc == SHOULD BE IN THE DEALERS TIME/TIMEZONE. It is YOUR job as a vender to know what time/timezone the dealer is in -- as a sales/pitch person or as the support rep for a product the dealer is already paying for.

Took 3 emails to verify a time -- vender says "meeting is at 1PM CST", dealer emails asking what time is that in "their state", vender said dont know but it is XX:XX here now, dealer emails back "ok, looks like 2 hours from now"

When you say 1PM CST to a dealership employee -- they will see 1PM... and blow over the CST. If they do see the CST, conversations like above will happen. Creates confusion and disconnect, missed meetings, etc.

Last edited: