• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Windshield Custom Printed Sticker anyone???

Its a franchise. There is a guy here in Baltimore selling them. They do it as a service where they make them and install them. My local Dodge store that had 40 used in stock said the guy told him $1200 per month based on the 40 in stock assuming he was selling 25...

I found the guys number. I will tell him to call you if you want.

Last edited:
Its a franchise. There is a guy here in Baltimore selling them. They do it as a service where they make them and install them. My local Dodge store that had 40 used in stock said the guy told him $1200 per month based on the 40 in stock assuming he was selling 25...

I found the guys number. I will tell him to call you if you want.

$48 a sticker? .... Me thinks I'm on the wrong side of this business.

Reactions: 1 person
$48 a sticker? So lets think about this...if over 80% of our automobile shoppers are coming from the internet first...you're better off in my opinion spending just half of that per car to increase your online exposure. Why spend it on the lot? For $48 a unit (or the $1200 per month one dealer is spending) you could add another classified website or you could add video, custom backgrounds, have someone publish all your inventory on Craigslist and probably hire someone to take better overall images of your inventory.

Each market is its own world... if those stickers work in that town-at least for now-and they sell 15 cars more than they used to then is all good. However something tells me that the story is wrong and that there is more to the service than the photo and the sticker.

Search around for bumper sticker paper or adhesive vinyl paper. Office Max/Depot should have the sheet fed paper which is easy to use and water repellent for quite a while. You should be able to pick it up for a buck or two a sheet and print directly from a laser or inkjet paper. We have a big 44 inch wide HP printer that we use to print vehicle stickers or banners like this sometimes.

Jason, thanks. Just off my patio is a pond just full of ducks. I remarked to a group of neighbors that we should cook some. One of the ladies was less than thrilled about that statement. Telling her that I grew up near the Achafalaya where we hunted and fished, all year wasn't well received, either. I don't think she is thrilled that a Cajun moved into the neighborhood. I was told that she is a big PETA person with a several cats.

I want a bumper sticker that says:

I :heart: CATS
with Tony Chachere's

Each market is its own world... if those stickers work in that town-at least for now-and they sell 15 cars more than they used to then is all good. However something tells me that the story is wrong and that there is more to the service than the photo and the sticker.

It does not have anything to do with photos. It is windshield banners and full car banners. It is a service related business, as in they do all of the work. The local Dealer Specialties franchise (My lot service competition!) owns it as a separate business.

The website is here: OnSight Solutions | The Auto Dealer Visual Merchandising Experts

Even though the owner is my competition on other stuff, he is a good guy and gives good service, so I would imagine it's top notch with this business also.

I've seen dealers spend a lot more on a lot less....

Careful with DIY stickers supplies bought from Staples/Office Max, etc...

How do I know?

I tried and failed many times building a barcode sticker system.

You need Weatherproof and UV resistant -AND- the bitches blow off if the glue sucks. Speaking of "good glue" make sure it works on cold and rainy days.