• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Yelp and CDK Mayhem

This is Dan from Yelp. Hopefully I can clear things up for you. Unfortunately, we had to de-claim all listings that were associated with CDK and Digital Airstrike--which was not CDK or Digital Airstrike's fault. We're currently working with CDK and Digital Airstrike to restore access to these accounts. In the meantime, if you’d like to restore access to your listing directly you can email Yelp's support team. For CDK customers contact: ADPsupport@yelp. For Digital Airstrike customers contact: das-support@yelp. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Hey @Dan Feavel , I appreciate you poppin in here but I still don't understand why you had to de-claim my listing. If you could expand on that I would appreciate it.

Also, I don't think it was ever brought to my attention that those companies had access to my accts. by either Yelp, Digital Air Strike or CDK Being that we claimed our accounts and we always have managed our own accounts. I know we have a GM mandated program with them. However, I never passed along any Username and Passwords to either company. So can you also expand on why they have access and what it is they have access to.

Lastly what do I do in the case where I do not want them to have access to my accounts?

I believe our user/pass was acquired when we tried CDK rep management for a few months. Did you guys try something similar at one time Chris? Overall it seems alarming Yelp allowed CDK or DA to co-control dealer listings without notifying or requesting access from the owner of the account.

Also, I emailed the ADPsupport@yelp requesting to have control of our listing on Friday and again today. Nothing has been done. No response. Not even an auto response.

Hey Dave, We actually are using the Rep Man product now. The guy who called yesterday from there basically said that they don't have access but they do "pay" for all of their dealers to have the "Enhanced Listing" product. I don't know if a fully buy the idea that they are paying for something without anything in return. I email the ADPsupport email address 2x and haven't heard anything. Even had the Rep Man guy email too. Still nothing.

Companies talk about a joint partnership and they both get excited.
Yelp goes to their Developers and asks if it's possible to do group accounts where each dealer has their own access, but it all goes under the CDK main account.
Developers say, "No" and are asked to make it work ASAP.
Developers rush, forget about permissions issues on specific views and suddenly their facade account system pops off the rails.

Going back to @Dave Erickson's original post; he doesn't pay Yelp, so really, Yelp doesn't have any obligation to do anything for Dave's dealership. Dave doesn't 'own' anything, it's not his dealership's account - Yelp owns everything and they have no obligation to do anything for the store because there is no financial agreement between the two parties.

The same thing holds true with Google and SEO. Yep it's free, but it's completely out of your control.