DealerAuthority Your Co-Op PPC Provider is Bidding on the Wrong Keywords

TabFlythe

4 Pounder
Apr 12, 2019
First Name
Tabitha
Question (or maybe questions) of the day: Do you know the keywords that your pay-per-click provider is bidding on? If you do - awesome! How are those keywords performing? And are they leading to KPIs?

Our agency has questioned the strategy behind bidding on branded keywords, specifically those required by co-op. Our method for our dealers is creating a keyword strategy by what your local traffic is actually searching for, not canned terms that all your competitors are trying to rank for. We want quality traffic traveling to your dealership website - not just quantity - and providing your customers with helpful information that leads them to convert by setting up a test drive and visiting the showroom.

Our agency has the ability to pivot strategies and adapt to search trends in order to make the most of your pay-per-click budget. When was the last time your provider shared or changed your bidding strategy?

Check out our latest blog where we dig deeper into this keyword strategy.

This drives me crazy. I was at a dealership today who complained they only saw a marginal increase in leads after they switched PPC vendors and significantly increased their budgets. The PPC company then came back asking for more money because the impression share was low.

It turns out the PPC company was buying all the keywords you could possibly think of (including branded keywords) instead of tailoring the keywords you buy to the budget.

Instead, take a holistic approach. Look at the big picture. Let organic listings get all the traffic they can. Use paid search to buy in places where you can't rank organically or where competitors are buying ads.

This drives me crazy. I was at a dealership today who complained they only saw a marginal increase in leads after they switched PPC vendors and significantly increased their budgets. The PPC company then came back asking for more money because the impression share was low.

It turns out the PPC company was buying all the keywords you could possibly think of (including branded keywords) instead of tailoring the keywords you buy to the budget.

Instead, take a holistic approach. Look at the big picture. Let organic listings get all the traffic they can. Use paid search to buy in places where you can't rank organically or where competitors are buying ads.

Couldn't agree more @CarlAutofusion!

Welcome to 2005.

Joseph_Ducreux_%28French%29_-_Self-Portrait%2C_Yawning_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg