• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

The Crew at DealerFire did an outstanding job with the mods I asked for. Detailed Options now added under a very slick reveal button. The "see all" photo system loads in under a second! Usability is dialed in to the MAX!

This is my 2nd mobi-makeover for the mobile site. Call counts on the first makeover went up 1,200% the 1st month it was launched! (5 per month to >60). Just a few more mods and "Uncle Joe Version 2.0" will launch next week!

If anyone sees anything else, please let me know! Uncle Joe's Mobile Site Version 2.0 (beta)

p.s. if you call dealerfire for a mobi site, ask them for my version, it's crushin' it! (as long as your not within 100 miles of me! ;-)

Looking much better on both counts!

Used%202007%20Ford%20Edge%20For%20Sale%20Near%20Syracuse%20NY%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox%204232011%2074314%20AM.jpg

Sometimes, I'm as smart as a box of rocks...

QUESTION:
Is there no way I can find who* is "Like'ing" my inventory?

*I know how many "Like" (via event tracking in GA), I just don't know who Liked us.

Used 2007 Ford Edge For Sale Near Syracuse NY
To my knowledge, there isn't a way to track that--but it could show up if the person that Liked it was friends with you.

I was doing local search research (audi dealers near dallas tx - Google Maps) and tripped across http://www.ecarone.com

Ecar one is another dealer that does a great job communicating that they are... different. We all think we're different, but few dealers truly are different. Those that are different need to COMMUNICATE this "vibe" onto the web page. The team at eCarList keeps on impressing me and they've done a great job for ecar one.

On the E-CarOne.com home page, I like the "Click to Listen" video that is strategically placed at the lower portion of the page, yet, just above the fold. Video player is "intelligent" too. If you pause or leave the front page, it doesn't cycle back to the beginning. eCarList team, I did wish the video player had navigation tools to skip and find new content. When I "clicked to play" the video didn't re-start it simply opened the audio, so I missed a lot and had no way to re-start it.

I LOVED the share your feedback page: E-CarOne.com | Pre-owned Dealer | Carrollton, Texas The toll free phone in your testimonials via "VoiceBox" is just friggin' brilliant! It's simple, easy to use and easy for users to leave testimonials. I'd have that system on the bottom of every VDP.

Smart SRPs
SRP's are the most overlooked real estate we merchandise on. Few of us know how truly important ENGAGING SRP's are. Shoppers are time challenged, they can only click back and forth so many times before they start to breeze by units. The eCarlist team has done what is on my makeover todo list. HIGHLIGHT YOUR BEST FEATURES!
E-CarOne.com%20%20SUVs%20%20Carrollton%2C%20Texas%20-%20Google%20Chrome%204302011%2095733%20AM.b.jpg
Soooo damn simple!! It's merchandising 101.

IseeCars.com has this SRP config too:
Used%202011%20Hyundai%20Azera%20%202011%20Hyundai%20Azera%20for%20sale%20-%20iSeeCars%20-%20Google%20Chrome%204302011%20101203%20AM.bmp.jpg

Brilliant!

Attachments

• Used%202011%20Hyundai%20Azera%20%202011%20Hyundai%20Azera%20for%20sale%20-%20iSeeCars%20-%20Goog.jpg
    Used%202011%20Hyundai%20Azera%20%202011%20Hyundai%20Azera%20for%20sale%20-%20iSeeCars%20-%20Goog.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The Crew at DealerFire did an outstanding job with the mods I asked for. Detailed Options now added under a very slick reveal button. The "see all" photo system loads in under a second! Usability is dialed in to the MAX!

This is my 2nd mobi-makeover for the mobile site. Call counts on the first makeover went up 1,200% the 1st month it was launched! (5 per month to >60). Just a few more mods and "Uncle Joe Version 2.0" will launch next week!

If anyone sees anything else, please let me know! Uncle Joe's Mobile Site Version 2.0 (beta)

p.s. if you call dealerfire for a mobi site, ask them for my version, it's crushin' it! (as long as your not within 100 miles of me! ;-)

Joe,
The mobile site looks great! Click on used inventory and it takes you directly to used inventory! It seems so simple but so many are getting it wrong. I love the look of Dealer.com mobile sites but it takes three clicks to get to your inventory! Check it out: Dave Arbogast Conversion Vans | New dealership in Troy, OH 45373

Joe,... I love the look of Dealer.com mobile sites but it takes three clicks to get to your inventory! Check it out: Dave Arbogast Conversion Vans | New dealership in Troy, OH 45373

Blake,

I miss conversion van sales! I sold a boat load of Explorer vans on ebay before the market fell apart (and GM clamped down on overseas sales ;-). I LOVED putting together big a** web presentations on them. I was a featured speaker at NADA 2004 for Ebay. Explorer flew us out to the factory in the Lear Jet. Nice. Oh well, that was then...

I have a DealerFire mobile site, I made EXTENSIVE mods to the design and the call counts rose 500% over night. Follow me thru this mine field and you'll see what I mean...

Sorry, this sounds stupid, but the UP ARROW on "Directions" tells me to click the phone number to get directions.
Dave%20Arbogast%20Conversion%20Vans%20%20New%20dealership%20in%20Troy%2C%20OH%2045373%20-%20Mozi.jpg
FAIL: Where is your branding, your logo? New Conversion Vans - Preowned & Used Conversion Van Dealer I WANT VISUAL CONFIRMATION when I go from desktop to mobile.

1. The Telephone icon marked "Dealership" is a dupe of the toll free number on the top.
  2. I see parts, Where is service?
  3. Does Parts have enough call counts to justify it's own home page icon? (you need to track that, even for a just a few months).
  4. GEEK Project Manager/Designer ALERT!!!: Full HTML site??

Ohoh... FAIL: Contact US
Dave%20Arbogast%20Conversion%20Vans%20%20New%20dealership%20in%20Troy%2C%20OH%2045373%20-%20Mozi.jpg
The Center Button titled "Contact Us" looks like a dupe to the title above. I don't know what the sales button does (until I press it) IMO, people's eye (on mobile) are hunting for a phone number. Drop the buttons raise the address and add phone numbers below the store address. Add department phone #'s too. I FORGOT to put my store hours on my page, TY!! Place Map & Direction links near the stores address.

The primary form of MOBILE contact is phone. Below the Dealer's phone numbers & Store hours can be the email form.
Rule #1, don't be afraid of redundant contact info all over
Rule #2, They are mobile and READY TO TALK (see Rule #1)
Rule #3, Serve up LOTS of call and mapping opportunities
Rule #4, Try not to send them into an automated phone maze (..chose 1 for this, choose 2 for that....) They are driving! <--I have to work more on this one!

I saw this and got confused:

1. When I see the numbers, I think how many units I am going to see.
  2. I'm looking for a "view all" option (dont see it)
  3. When I click "By Year" I can't choose a range.
  4. You're right, it's 4 clicks to the 1st pic! Not good.
  5. How come dealer.com has their name on this page and YOU DONT?

The VDPs
Button marked: Sales|Contact Us|Share needs help.

BUZZ KILL:

• MSRP: $35,975
  • Asking Price: $35,975
More BUZZ KILL:
Options? Where forth are thou?

Theres a bunch more Blake, but this took me 2 hours and I need get to other issues! HTH!

Last edited:
Recently I did some mystery shopping... 20 + dealers... NOBODY is using the "Lead Submission Confirmation Page". What do you plan to do with yours?
usedcarking.jpg

I think this is a great opportunity that nobody is using!

How about promote some current specials, big sales...