• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

Get your video walk around game going!

I am seeing Google’s automatic Closed Captioning on youtube videos more and more now. Here’s an example, It works very well!:

Click on the red CC button and turn it on.

Google will find a way to index this. Big SEO upside for dealers that commit to video.

Google drives it's business hard, it's embraces change, launches ideas and fails a lot. This is very very rare in corporate culture. That being said, What made Google great is vanishing in front of my eyes. Organic is almost dead and it's staff scattered in different departments is singing

"Screw Organic, Its All About Me".

Yet another Google "improvement" is being tested to push organic below the fold. Google AdWords Tests 150 Character Ad Description

I was doing research on our site makeover and Chat records are a great feedback tool. It’s been a while since I took a good long walk in our chat records, while reviewing them, I see the chats fall into distinct classes.

1. Credit
  2. Search Help
  3. Purchase Intent
  4. Trade-in Questions
  5. Miscellaneous

What’s “Search Help†and what’s “Purchase Intent�

• Search Help chats are questions from people that need help hunting.
  • Purchase Intent chats are from people that want to pull the trigger!

----------------DETAILS----------------
EXAMPLE “Search Helpâ€

EXAMPLE “Purchase Intentâ€

• W16242 is a licolin where is it located , is price negotiable?
  • like k35101, I am interested but need to know are your prices negotiable
  • I have a $4,750 trade-in, $2,000 down payment. It shows the price is $35,990. Is there room for negotiation?
  • I am buying with cash and will be looking to negotiate the best price I can get and purchase something from somewhere very soon.

I reviewed and classified the last 200+ chats and here’s what I found

Topic
Count
Percent
credit
23%
Search Assist
44%
Purch Assist
13%
Tradein
9%
misc
12%
total

The chat topics break into smaller sub-topics.

Topic
Sub-topic
Count
Percent
Credit
bad credit
13%

Credit
6%

Credit App Status?
4%
Search
search help (General help, complex SRP)
23%

search help (by $ or payment)
15%

search help (wants details on car)
4%

search help car has warranty?
1%
Purchase
Purch assist, has car picked out, wants Appt
2%

Purch assist where is this car located?
1%

Purch assist (“car in stock?â€)
6%

Purch assist (make an offer)
3%
Trade-in
Tradein
9%
Misc
After store visit, follow up chat
2%

Translation
1%

Carfax request
1%

Deliver out of State?
2%

Offer Military Discount?
0%

Young, 1st time buyers
2%

transfer car to other store
0%

prep for purch questions
1%
total

Other Chat Ideas

• Real Search Assistant (MANY Complex searches, send link via chat, ala shopper concierge)
  • MAKE AN OFFER
  • PRE QUALIFY before you arrive
  • Schedule Your Test Drive

Get your video walk around game going!

I am seeing Google’s automatic Closed Captioning on youtube videos more and more now. Here’s an example, It works very well!:

Click on the red CC button and turn it on.

Google will find a way to index this. Big SEO upside for dealers that commit to video.

Who do you use for your videos? Like the transition from the dealership to showing off the car; the language to describe the car is nice as well.

Who do you use for your videos? Like the transition from the dealership to showing off the car; the language to describe the car is nice as well.

Our ad agency is Moore & Scarry. That's an old cut, when I get the new ones up to youtube, I'll show you how we've improved.

We produce 4-6 30 minute infomercials each month.

You can see us evolve over the last 5 years on our youtube channels
usedcarking's Channel - YouTube
usedcarking1's Channel - YouTube

I reuse the infomercials in many ways. I have M&S cut them up and I embed them on VDPs. I have M&S fwd me the Closed Caption (CC) text for SEO use, heres's one show Used Car King - Used Car and Truck info for September 2010 My awesome assistant built a php script that compares the CC text against our HOT keyword list and embeds links it to the matching page. We assign H tags to the links to help Google. We have very limited resourses, it's far from perfect, it's a cool concept.

Here's a snippet:

"Listen To This, No Money Down Only 561 A Month 1,000 Down, 544 A Month, 2,000
Down, 526 A Month. You Get A Great Looking 2007 Gmc Yukon Extended Length With A Four-wheel Drive. You'll Get Onstar And So Much More. And You'll Save Thousands At The Used Car King.

So Come See Us In Chittenango Cicero Or Cortland... "

Reactions: 2 people