• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

share your videos here

What do you think of this:

At 6 minutes and 15 seconds I'm not sure I want to click on it. My video attention span is roughly 30 seconds. Longer if you can get my attention within that 30 seconds. If I see a video is going to be longer than 2 minutes I don't want to even start watching the video.

I did watch your video in the spirit of this thread, but I could only take 3 minutes of it (just being honest - not spiteful).

My overall suggestion is to stop selling and start marketing. No more than 3 major points and better video of the car in action. Sucker me in with some small things and I'll eventually give you the opportunity to give me the walkaround you just put on film.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the input, I'll pass it along.

I didn't actually record or help record the video and I agree that a pre-planned script would have made for a better and shorter video because it's too long. I think it's a good move in a right direction for this dealership to record these videos.

When I first introduced the idea to record walkaround videos to this dealership several months ago, I was presenting the HomeNet Live Video Recording App to make the recording process easier and to send the videos out much without the extra work.

The Feldmann Imports videos are awesome. It doesn't hurt to have an attractive lady presenting those fine automobiles. I dug deeper into what this dealership does in online advertising and they have a Cars.com account with the vehicle videos being linked to their YouTube channel.

2007 Audi S4 4.2 quattro, $27,653 - Cars.com

I didn't know that was an option.

I'm becoming a huge fan of these live walkaround videos. I hope to see more and see how they effect the business.

What do you think of this:

This is from a dealership in Monroe, Ohio. I've started this process only a few days ago and I like it. Will it replace the need for still photos?

I love it. BUT, you need to refine your process. Rare cars (like this solera) will keep a viewer longer, but, your 45,000 mile base impala will need your "A" game to keep the viewer connected for the entire shoot.

You need a script and follow it.
  1. Walk-around (condition & exterior features)
  2. Interior (condition & options and BENEFITS)
  3. Trunk (condition)
  4. Engine (condition)
  5. Walk Around (summary and spin that camera around and ask for the sale [ala the video master, Tim Jennings!])

Last edited: