• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iPad friendly CRM

mkeesee

Full Sticker
Apr 12, 2010
First Name
Michael
Does anyone currently use iPads in thier sales process? We have a wireless AIRPRINT printer that we successfully print to from our iphone or ipads. Is there a CRM that will allow you to print your forms using safari?

Mike

I can assure you that it isn't ADP! Haha they barely integrate with Internet Explorer, which is saying a lot. Would be interested to hear what you find.

Argh! ADP CRM won't work in anything but Internet Explorer and that's a stretch, it has loading issues. No Firefox, No Safari, No chrome, No Opera, etc. No iPad, no iPhone, no windows phone, etc. Pretty much a horrible system.. Also can't even access it home even with a VPN as they suggested. Blah, can't wait to switch to Autobase once the contract is up, heard great things about it.

I've played with it on an iPad, and I agree--it's useful for entering client data, but not much beyond (can't see your workplan, can't print forms). I've heard updates are coming, but as of last check it just wasn't there.

That's what I want/need. I want all my sales people to carry ipads, so they can snag customer data on the floor, on the lot, at the desk, anywhere. Such an issue to get them to type it in as it is. Hand someone an iPad at the desk and they'll want to play with it and feel more comfortable giving their info.

Questionable post Mike. By the name of the title you are looking for a CRM that's compatible with an ipad but the real question you are asking "Is there a CRM that will allow you to print your forms using safari?" - on an ipad

We've had to moderate a few posts already around vendors wanting to publicize the fact that their CRM or product works on an ipad.

Please, before posting, be sure to read the full thread/question.

Mike, I currently do not have an answer. I do know that eLead CRM (it's what my dealers use) just added several features that are exclusive to iPad. I'll check when I get the opportunity to see if printing remotely from the ipad is an option.

Hi Mike, in answer to your question, any CRM that is compatible with mobile safari and can bring up a PDF preview *should* be able to use the printing functionality. The main problem is speed. Accessing web CRM's through mobile safari is just so slow.

Now, if you are wanting a native iPad app that was built exclusively for the platform for speed, etc. then you will want an iPad app that is not web based. I am not sure if the dealer.com iPad app is a native app or just web based. It does make a huge difference in speed and being able to access your data offline.

If you get a moment after visiting dealer.com's booth, feel free to come by our booth and check out our iPad app as well (don't worry - I'm not a sales guy - I'm just one of the developers)

Hopefully, one of our solutions might be able to meet your needs. If you already have a CRM you like, feel free to come by anyway and I can show you how you might be able to print from safari from your current provider. Just look for the auto accelerator booth. Let me know if I can be of any help!