• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BREAKING news! Carvana & Vroom is bleeding cash. Is Ecommerce in auto DOA?

Are we to assume that DriveMotors made 1000 sales a month?
What does "Facilitate" mean?
What does "vehicle orders" mean?

Is this lead gen that led to a sale?
I wouldn't say 1,000 sales a month, but I would say there is evidence of it working as an e-commerce widget on dealer websites at that capacity. It's a 3rd party vendor that assists in an actual e-commerce transaction. You'd have to ask @Jeff Kershner about the actual meaning, I just found it interesting that it was posted on their site and figured to show it here.

Last edited:
My feelings are fairly simple on the subject.
Elon Musk is brilliant at technology and innovation, but not manufacturing.
He should have found a reliable manufacturing partner and gone that way.

Now everyone else is going to meet or exceed his technology and get it to market before him because he can't figure out how to build the cars on time or on spec.

I think you're mostly right. Are there major OEM's that manufacture competitors vehicles? I say mostly right because right now Tesla is getting their ass handed to them by other OEMs when it comes to QA/QC and cranking out vehicles in volume. If they can keep the lights on, though, I think what they're going to do in manufacturing will leap frog everyone else. We will see. The speed and scope of projects they take on (and pull-off) is unbelievable. Most other manufacturers are very risk averse - Tesla is not.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I think you're mostly right. Are there major OEM's that manufacture competitors vehicles? I say mostly right because right now Tesla is getting their ass handed to them by other OEMs when it comes to QA/QC and cranking out vehicles in volume. If they can keep the lights on, though, I think what they're going to do in manufacturing will leap frog everyone else. We will see. The speed and scope of projects they take on (and pull-off) is unbelievable. Most other manufacturers are very risk averse - Tesla is not.

They have a long ways to go.
Let’s see how the power steering recall goes.

The one thing they’re great at is media - Canada has been investigating this power steering thing for a couple months already and they’ve avoided the media almost entirely. If you want to see what’s up with Tesla behind the curtain, check out https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer

lol.
I may not agree with Tesla, but this is just a dirty hit piece.
He's comparing the cost to "gasoline cars" but clearly states hybrids in the article.
The model 3, if built properly and on time, is actually a good car - the problem is the Volt and other options have surpassed them in range, cost effectiveness, etc.

That said...
The ideal electric car has a gasoline motor as a backup.
The anxiety of knowing your battery might die and there are no charging stations around is something I would never be able to live with.
Until chargers are as fast and as commonplace as gas stations, it's the biggest hindrance to their model.
Battery swaps or capacitor technology is where I see the solution coming from, but we're a ways away from that on most fronts.

lol.
I may not agree with Tesla, but this is just a dirty hit piece.
He's comparing the cost to "gasoline cars" but clearly states hybrids in the article.
The model 3, if built properly and on time, is actually a good car - the problem is the Volt and other options have surpassed them in range, cost effectiveness, etc.

That said...
The ideal electric car has a gasoline motor as a backup.
The anxiety of knowing your battery might die and there are no charging stations around is something I would never be able to live with.
Until chargers are as fast and as commonplace as gas stations, it's the biggest hindrance to their model.
Battery swaps or capacitor technology is where I see the solution coming from, but we're a ways away from that on most fronts.
Bahhhhhhhh... what's wrong with stirring up the pot. ;-)