• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Backpage.com Removed from Internet (No More Auto Classifieds)

John Colascione

3rd Base Coach
Feb 24, 2018
First Name
John
Backpage.com was not a big lead generator although it was a decent referrer of traffic. Many third party software platforms such as AutoFunds and Dealer Car Search would add used vehicles to regional automotive categories of this site, which was the leading classifieds site behind Craigslist. However, last week, the online service was seized by federal agents, along with its founders and partners..

I have removed the site from our our classifieds section in the Most Popular Car Websites List. Please let me know if there is another site that you know of, which is not listed here, which is strictly classifieds.

Backpage.com was not a big lead generator although it was a decent referrer of traffic. Many third party software platforms such as AutoFunds and Dealer Car Search would add used vehicles to regional automotive categories of this site, which was the leading classifieds site behind Craigslist. However, last week, the online service was seized by federal agents, along with its founders and partners..

I have removed the site from our our classifieds section in the Most Popular Car Websites List. Please let me know if there is another site that you know of, which is not listed here, which is strictly classifieds.
I'd be happy to help your list (I work in attribution and one of our channels is "3PA / 3rd Party Auto / inventory classifieds"). BTW, I LOVE your idea = show your potential clients the 3rd parties that you include in your inventory feed push. Give me a couple of days.

BTW, I used to live in Forest Hills (Queens).

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I very much welcome your additions Alex...... As long as they send leads to dealers I'd like to have it on the list.... Queens, NY Hugh???? Right around the corner from us.....

I pop back now and then, mostly visiting Astoria and the City. I'll send you a nice 3PA list in the near future.