• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Leaving Dealer.com in 2018....where did you go next?

ADMIN -> PROPERTY -> PROPERTY SETTINGS (or what Dane said, look at source code, but that might be cloaked through Google Tag Manager / GTM)
You'll also find Google Ads Linking there, quite simple.
yaqtXMS.jpg

I found an analytics account under another email address that links with our dealership. However it looks like it was never fully set up, as there are no analytics or anything else. Do you recommend setting a new one up under my account at the dealership? Or how should i go around doing this?

I found an analytics account under another email address that links with our dealership. However it looks like it was never fully set up, as there are no analytics or anything else. Do you recommend setting a new one up under my account at the dealership? Or how should i go around doing this?
I don't know what you're doing fully. Are you saying there has never been an installation and you're starting from scratch?
FYI, setting up a new property (UA-# install), you'll lose all of your historical data under the previous property (which may or may not be valuable to your group), you cannot merge these. That's if you had a property properly recording previously. To me, it sounds like you need to start a fresh.

Last edited:
I don't know what you're doing fully. Are you saying there has never been an installation and you're starting from scratch?
FYI, setting up a new property (UA-# install), you'll lose all of your historical data (which may or may not be valuable to your group). That's if you had a property properly recording previously. To me, it sounds like you need to start a fresh.

Awesome, thats what I was wondering. Thank you.

• :light:
Reactions: Alexander Lau
We on our end managed to find a very effective way to work with dealers using Dealer.com. Many of them are forced through OEM requirements. The downside is that Dealer.com is not the strongest platform with new vehicle lead gen.

We developed a plug-and-play program to help dealerships generate more new car leads without impacting their site or relationship with the OEM.