• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How many Categories of Internet Leads should there really be?

For me, internet leads come in 6 main flavors:
Dealer Website
Third Party (I lump classifieds in with OEM, OEM third party, and when I use them, regular ol' third parties. Classifieds should probably be broken out but I like to keep it simple)
Social
Special Finance (when we do them)
Database Mining
Misc

If I was selling Fords, I’d do the same as you for those Bronco leads.

It's a great question @Dan Sayer , can I ask why are you comparing the leads between stores exactly? Is it to see which store yields the best ROI per source or is it to see which stores actually handles the leads better?
Comparison between stores, an apples to apples review. ROI is usually viewed at the level of each individual source.

Reactions: Ryan Everson
Comparison between stores, an apples to apples review. ROI is usually viewed at the level of each individual source.
Agreed, it's not fair to rank stores based on internet lead closing %, when a lot of it is dependent on each store's lead mix. A store with trigger leads could instantly move from worst to best by simply canceling that lead source.

Agreed, it's not fair to rank stores based on internet lead closing %, when a lot of it is dependent on each store's lead mix. A store with trigger leads could instantly move from worst to best by simply canceling that lead source.

Great point @Ryan Everson - This is super important for everyone to understand. Different geo/brands will play a huge role in messing up these numbers. It's going to be hard for you to make the right decision. Throw used car in the mix, it gets even trickier (y)